Corsair Community

HX620W vs. Dell Studio XPS 435MT

cgxps

I installed my new hx620w in my xps435mt and it wont start after I pluged everything(the 24pin, 8pin, 4850 pci-e and 3 sata cables...just like the original psu...). The only thing that I see when I push on the power button is a quick yellowish light and if I look inside the case I see another yellowish light that blink slowly and the psu fan doesnt spin. A technician where I bought the new psu tested the hx620w and it worked fine(on a other computer). My old psu still work A1. so, is there anything special I should know about installing my new hx620 in the 435MT?

Thats the answer I got after I asked them: "We do not test 3rd party power supplies so how could we know? The only ones we tested and validated was the 360w Foxconn Liteon and Foxconn Delta power supplies." :(

• Corsair Employee
Unfortunately the label does not tell us anything. I believe the system requires a proprietary PSU since this PSU work with other system. We can certainly let you try a different PSU if you want. Just use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

First, thanks ramGuy for you help you make me want to beleive in Corsair alot more than some other company that the name start by D ;)

Would it help to understand what is not working if I tell you that the Antec EA 650(http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=NjY=) does work with my Dell? It's realy nice of you to let me try a other Corsair but I would realy like to know what's not working before shipping you my hx620w for another model...

Ok, there most be something with the competitor name not being accepted on the forum...sorry for that:D: Here are the info I got on the psu: ATX12V version 2.2 and EPS12V version 2.91 compatible.

Tryed it again and nothing. I only get the amber light on my motherboard and no psu fan. I also tryed with only the 24 pin plugged in and still nothing:( Should I try to plug the 4 pin instead of the 8pin in the prossesor power plug?

Another weird thing is that I saw on another forum that a guy with the same dell435mt installed a vx550 and and it did work fine.

ps.sorry again about the competitor brand name thing...

Even if we tried it at my retailer store on a other pc and it did work? And the paperclip test did make the fan spin?

Maybe I should try a tx650. Is there any difference with the voltage or something between the hx, tx and vx series. I know the HX are modular but could there be a difference(voltage or anything else) so a vx for example work with my computer? There's also the fact that "Oblivious" got exactly the same problem with the same computer but with a hx520(http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79572).

Archived