Corsair Community

Mapping keys to buttons on the Vengeance M90

dcronin05

The question is simple but the answer may not be. I'm assuming it has to do with how the software works (or maybe not considering that it works in hardware mode).

I diablo 3 there is a button that when held down forces your character to stand still no matter where you click on the map. It is used to keep your distance from mobs and prevent you from accidentally moving closer to the mobs you are fighting. I would like to set a key on the mouse that corresponds to this key and then be able to hold it down while using abilities and such. The problem is that with the software settings I am only able to record macros. Which means the macro ends and lifts the key up. If i set it to repeating mode, even without a delay. The game still registers the key being repeatedly pressed and lifted. This breaks the functionality of the command. I have researched every applicable post on this site and have figured out that if you remove the part of the macro that lifts the key. Remove the delay and set it to repeating mode. It works as I need to. With one catch: only if the profile is saved to the mouse and it is run in hardware playback.

I basically have two questions regarding this. If the functionality was impossible I would not have a big issue with it (even though every other rebindable mouse is able to do this). But it works in hardware mode and I can't understand why it shouldn't work this way in software mode as well. My second question is if they are planning on "fixing" this in a future software update.

Also, I realize I could just run in hardware playback and it would do what i want but there are two problems with this. I only have a few profiles and with the absolutely broken state the profile switching is in hardware mode I refuse to play that game. Also I do a lot of customizing of my profiles and it is a pain in the *** to constantly save the profiles to the mouse every time I make a small change.

Thanks in advance!

It probably doesn't work in software mode as causing it to hold the macro may use up a lot of memory which may slow the comptuer down. While using the mouse's memory would be better as it won't impact the system overall performance.

• Corsair Employee
Most games (according to the TOS) do not allow for macros in software to work as it provides for an unfair advantage over those who do not. This is why hardware mode needs to be enabled to function. This is why most players who play WoW, SWTOR, and BF3 need hardware enabled to use their macros.

yoou dont even need to use multiple profiles. Just set each button on your mouse to a key on the keyboard, and then rebind your keys in the game, instead of switching profiles on the mouse. simple.

Just wondering too: whats broken about profile switching in hardware mode??

Archived