Corsair Community

H70, normal temps?

Alexraptor

Hey, does anyone know what normal temps are for a Core i5-2500k stock settings running an H70 would be?

I'm getting around 33-35c Idle and 56-60c under full load in Prime95

I have the fans rigged for exhaust rather than intake as my GTX 470 throws out a lot of heat that i don't want getting sucked in if i had intake, internal case temps are around 28c

I have the fans rigged for exhaust rather than intake as my GTX 470 throws out a lot of heat that i don't want getting sucked in if i had intake

what??

exhaust takes air from inside the case and blows it out. intake sucks fresh air from outside into the case.

is your computer inside of a box?;):

i dont believe it will have the impact you think it would.

your vga is not the only source for the rad fans, there is a great deal more cool air that will do a better job of cooling the rad than the warmer air inside the case.

but then again, i dont know whats behind your PC that would limit its ventilation.

Hmmm well that did seem to improve things, guess i overestimated the impact the GPU waste heat would have lol.

New temps are as follows: 32-35c idle, 54-57c under full load in Prime95.

Running the fans at 1600rpm though instead of 2000 because the later is just way too noisy, even find 1600rpm too noisy =/

So anyway the question still stands, are these temperatures normal for this CPU/Cooler together?

• Corsair Employee
Those numbers definitely look to be within the acceptable range. Every system is different so there isn't really a "normal temp" that you will always see, but anything below 40C at idle and about 60C load sounds about right. These "typical" values will definitely change depending on how much overclocking is done with the CPU.

Archived