Corsair Community

H50 funny temp changes

gretafeta

Hi, I have something I wanna straight out in order to get the best cooling possible from the H50. Anyhow, when my chassi is open its around ~30 idle and 22C in the computer chassi. If I close it. The temp starts to rise, slow and steady till about 37-40. So my guess is that either my airflow is retarded or the radiator is not being cooled enough.

I am currently having the radiatorfan as exhaust, am afraid to make it an intake because first it will suck up hot air from the GPU's exhaust and second I dont know if it will mess around with the air flow even more.

Right now I am trying different solutions with the 5 fans I have. This is what am currently using.

http://i51.tinypic.com/1442xc4.png

I would have been using PnP if I had the room for it... What do you suggest? My chassi is an ntec (dont forget to add the A before n) P182 Miditower.

CPU is Q6600 at 3,3ghz

GTX 470 - produce alot of heat behind the chassi due to the exhaust.

Same case, though I dont have fan 3 in your diag.

My H60 is acting as an intake and the the top fan does a great job of getting the air out of the case. I'm idling around 29-32 on an OC i7-2600k @ 4.5Ghz. Motherboard temp is 29C

I've got 2 video cards, one is 36C and the other is 40C

• 3 weeks later...
Try turning the fan around to intake onto the rad. Also, I found that spending a half hour polishing the water block of the H50 gave me a 10 degree drop durning prime95 and almost 1ghz overclock! If you can't do push/pull inside just put a fan outside too :)

Archived