Corsair Community

Scimitar RGB pointer issue & K70 RGB recognition problem

dtan

Hi,

I recently purchased a Scimitar RGB(12,000 dpi version) & a K70 RGB keyboard and I wanted to post here before I decide to return these and get something else.

1. The mouse has everything working minus something wrong with the sensor/software, it simply does not move, yet the sensor seems to respond to objects moving over it so not a clue where the fault is.

2. The keyboard is kinda fine, it's just that when I reboot/shut down CUE doesn't detect the keyboard(noticed this when it goes back to default lighting) when it loads, I have to use the switch on the keyboard or reinsert the usb cables to get it to detect after which everything is fine, but I can't do this every startup. Devices and Printers shows the K70 on startup, but CUE doesn't.
    *EDIT*
    Found out how to save the profile to the KB so at least it doesn't have a different colour when I reboot or lock my screen, still an issue if I need to use CUE though.

I tried software reinstallations(CUE v2.22.83), different ports on different USB controllers, USB Suspend settings etc. All devices install new firmware fine, currently latest.

I suspect the mouse is DOA and not sure on the keyboard. I was hoping somebody might know, I can post the logs from CUE if need be. #

Not sure what's up but I'm looking at other brands now just in case.

Any help is welcome

Try to hold ESCAPE and plug in the keyboard. This saved my day my keyboard was stuck in demo mode (not recognized by cue/windows) and this tips fixed everything.

I'll keep that in mind when I have to use CUE, atm it's functioning perfectly without CUE, thanks.

Sounds like the mouse may be DOA.

Can you try the mouse on another computer, Does the sensor work?

Try a soft reset and see whether that helps.

Unplug the mouse, hold both the left and right click buttons down while plugging the mouse back in.

I've tried different USB controllers and computers, the pointer doesn't respond to movement, I've RMA'd it so hoping the new one will function, didn't know there was a key combination to reset the mouse. I assume updating the firmware would have done a reset or something though

Thanks all, I'll wait for the mouse to arrive and see how CUE behaves then.

Well I tried the Escape + Plug in thing and now CUE isn't recognising the keyboard at all and the Lock indicators don't respond. Really starting to miss Synapse or Logitech software now

*EDIT* Got it to work again after bumbling around. Winlock key isn't saving colour when I save to onboard memory so there's that too

Archived