Corsair Community

iCue and Mystic Light compatibility

masterpeng

Hello everyone,

I'm currently building a new PC and found the new Vengeance RGB Pro RAM very interesting. I want to use them (and some LL fans :D:) with the MSI B450 Pro Carbon Gaming AC and since I'm spending on a high-end B450, I'd like to be able to control those RGBs on my mainboard and my GPU with mystic light. Now after browsing the forum and reddit for a while, I found a lot of people to have issues with those two programs. So is it possible to run both softwares without some critical error, that will result in a lot of trouble?

I have read, that B450 is now supported with iCue with the latest release, so controlling the RAM shouldn't be an issue. Also disabling SDK is recommended. Can I then safely install Mystic Light, disable RAM sync and use it for the rest of my hardware?

• Corsair Employee
The cause of the issue is that both software are vying for control of the memory and our memory supports both platforms. However, users will have to choose one: iCUE or Mystic Lighting for the memory. It is not possible to do both. Disabling SDK won't work because Mystic Lights is not using SDK to control the memory - it is direct address control.

In that case, even if I don't want to control the memory with mystic light, it would cause issues with icue and I should only have one installed?

Would the same apply to Asus aura or Gigabytes Rgb fusion or would those work fine as the vengeance pro rgb doesn't support those? I'm a bit confused which Mainboard I should buy or whether I simply should avoid any RGB, that's not controllable by icue.

The cause of the issue is that both software are vying for control of the memory and our memory supports both platforms. However, users will have to choose one: iCUE or Mystic Lighting for the memory. It is not possible to do both. Disabling SDK won't work because Mystic Lights is not using SDK to control the memory - it is direct address control.

How do I choose the software that controls my memories? I have the msi graphics card but I want to control the ram memories with the software and icue. Sometimes the memories come out in the icue software and sometimes not.

• 2 years later...

Having a similar issue here. I ideally want everything controlled in the same place, but Mystic Light is strangely hit-and-miss when it comes to finding the Corsair memory in addition to the lights directly controlled by the Mobo. It worked initially without even having installed iCue, but then it abruptly stopped seeing it on a restart after a driver update. I've since tried it with and without iCue running and trying playing with the software control setting in iCue as well and it's worked some of the time, but I'm struggling to get it to behave consistently on every reboot.

If anyone has the magic formula for what needs to be running and not running, what option needs to be set where and when, and whether any elder deities need invoking using forbidden rituals, it'd be appreciated.

• 4 months later...

Firstly can I say isn't it about time that all manufacturers addressed the issue of RGB integration and set a single standard!!!. I have had this issue and tried everything too Resolve it they just don't work together and in MSI and Corsairs own words you will have too use them both separately. Apparently Corsair say that they are talking to MSI about the situation and in the latest ICue update if you switch on SDK and Plugins in the menu my MSI Board does show up to be controlled by ICue but this means you have too use the Corsair Header on the motherboard which but it still doesn't control the RGB on my Motherboard or MSI Graphics Card so what's the point.

Also I found that if i run the MSI Plugin ICue takes a large chunk of CPU Resource which means that the CPU is working in the background when your not actually doing anything it was taking about 10% CPU Resource on a 10900K which is ridiculous and ramps the fans.

Honestly with the emphasis of the majority of Corsairs products bring on RGB you would think they would have it all sorted out by now i mean its not as if the stuff is cheap!!!

I'm having the same issue here. I have a MSI H370 Gaming Pro Carbon here. I use iCue to control my 3 LL Fans and 4 Led strips (all conected on one lightining node pro), and unfortunately, I have to control my mobo leds with mystic light, without sync them all...