Corsair Community

I am pretty sure that i am the first person to modify their corsair h60, or i am at least the first person to make it public. But anyways, i just thought i would join the forums here at corsair since i have just about finished my first ever pc build from the ground up.

Alright, so about the mod. I basically kept it simple and decided not to go with a reservoir basically cause i didnt want one :roll:. so, i just got rid of the old rad and replaced it with a nicer 240mm rad that would give much better performance plus it has a copper core so i didnt have to worry about any corrosion which is nice. ill have to post up some screenshots of the temps i get now after the mod but for now, i think just some pics of the cooler will do.

Okay..... well for some reason, its wanting to take freakin forever to attach pics of my stuff, so sadly its gonna have to wait until i can post them online and then post the url or somethin. but im sorry and ill have them up asap...

alrighty then... so i got one pic posted so here it is. lemme know what you all think about it.

DSCN0421.JPG

well i got the pics i wanted uploaded so here they are

DSCN0427.JPG

DSCN0429.JPG

please people... let me know what you all think about this!!! i would really like to hear what you all think.

first off let me say very nice rig, great wire managment.

I like how you have chosen to keep the idea of a closed loops system. How did you manage to fill the loop without getting air trapped inside anyways. Ive modded WITH the Hxx coolers but not the cooler itself, just to mount to a gfx card. Currentyly im trying to mount a H70 to an Asus ROG Matrix 580GTX.

Good job, havent seen a mod that keeps the closed loop and replacing with a larger rad. Have a build log to post...you should....infact Corsair should have a sticky with Hxx series mods.

Thanks for the pics

first off let me say very nice rig, great wire managment.

I like how you have chosen to keep the idea of a closed loops system. How did you manage to fill the loop without getting air trapped inside anyways. Ive modded WITH the Hxx coolers but not the cooler itself, just to mount to a gfx card. Currentyly im trying to mount a H70 to an Asus ROG Matrix 580GTX.

Good job, havent seen a mod that keeps the closed loop and replacing with a larger rad. Have a build log to post...you should....infact Corsair should have a sticky with Hxx series mods.

Thanks for the pics

I'm glad you like it. The whole process was a little time consuming but deffinitely well worth it. Anyways, I just filled the rad by itself with just the tubing connected to it and then by plugging the tubes and getting all the air to come out of the rad into the tubes. I then ran fresh water through the pump unit and thanks to a little extra help from my brother-in-law I managed to connect the hoses to the pump without any air being in the loop what so ever... It definitely took me some time, but like I said, worth every minute and every dollar. And losing my warranty lol.

• 6 months later...

Hi, Very nice looking system, We seem to have VERY similar taste

I planned my recent build late last year & have just put together my new (CORSAIR/MSI) HTPC/SEMI GAMING system, I just happened to order a Corsair H60 today and should have it by (Unlikely/Maybe Friday) early next week sometime?

For now I am using a silverstone NT06-E cooler which is too big for my liking

Its not real pretty all crammed into the LC13 HTPC case but I will be able to tidy up the wiring when I change over to the Corsair H60, I plan on fitting the radiator in where the middle drive bay has been removed to keep it concealed and quiet

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p603/HTPC_TEC/MSI%20990FXA-GD80%20SILVERSTONE%20LC13B-E%20BUILD/MSI990FXA-GD80550GTX-OCFX-6100SIDE-1.jpg

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p603/HTPC_TEC/MSI%20990FXA-GD80%20SILVERSTONE%20LC13B-E%20BUILD/MSI990FXA-GD80550GTX-OCFX-61002-1.jpg

Archived