Corsair Community

ASUS P5N-D and TWIN2X4096-6400C5

play4god

Hi, all...

This is a cry for help. :) I have built a new machine with this board, and an Intel Quad Core 2.33 GHz with the memory listed in the title above.

I've tried all of the memory (5-5-5-18-2T, with 1.8 and 1.9 volt settings from the data sheet). I've even bought a second pair and tried them (ultimately, I'd like to use all 8 GB).

Running memtest right now. No errors at 67% passrate so far.

The system just hangs at random places, and I do have the latest BIOS.

Should this board work with this memory? Compatible memory *almost* lists my model number: TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX (note the DHX).

I've tried replacing the video card, CPU (with an Intel Dual Core), and even replacing the motherboard. Actually, I even installed XP Pro (32-bit) and still - random hangs. I'm using a 550 W new power supply. Is that enough?

My goal is to: Run 8 GB on Vista x64. Can this be one with this combination?

At a loss and confused... And hopeful for some help... Sorry for so many embedded questions...

• 7 months later...
I have the same set up as you do and I get lock up all the time when playing online games that why I'm here looking for help too. I ran memtest until it was done testing and said they passed it took all most 2:30 to 3 hours to runa full memtest. I will keep an eye on what they tell you to do here too.

• Corsair Employee
When using 2 TWIN sets together, it is possible that you could run into a limitation on the chipset. I would recommend you run the ram at 5-5-5-18 1.9v and try setting the memory speed to 667MHz and see if it still gives you lockups/crashes. Please also let us know if memtest passes or fails.

I have the same set up as you do and I get lock up all the time when playing online games that why I'm here looking for help too. I ran memtest until it was done testing and said they passed it took all most 2:30 to 3 hours to runa full memtest. I will keep an eye on what they tell you to do here too.

Please note that you are posting in a thread that is about 8 months old. While there is nothing wrong with this, it may confuse your issue more than it will help. Please post your Memtest updates in your own thread so that we can be sure to focus on your issue. ::pirate::

Archived