Corsair Community

570x Case Fan Splitter Help!

Loui3

Hello all,

I been searching for the last hour trying to figure out how, and what I should do. I just bought the Crystal 570x case LOVE IT. Like you all know it comes with 3 fans built in. Well the mobo I bought Asus Prime B350-Plus only comes with 2 fan_headers. I was very upset I could only connect 2 fans on this case. From looking online and reading they said I would be able to add a splitter to one header to run all 3 front fans.

Now my question is what's a good splitter to buy since down the road I would like to add 3 more fans to the case. Now adding the splitter to the fans will I ever have a chance to control the fan speed , and LED color once I decided to go that route?

I'm new to building pc this is my first one I build for myself .

Thanks for helping me .

A splitter is a splitter ... in this case, it sounds like you'll want a 3-way splitter. You should look for something with good cables, probably sleeved.

Other options are things like hubs. A hub would provide power to the fans and there are some out there that would give you controls ... but would require a drive slot. There are others that are "distribution hubs" ... they take a single PWM signal and distribute it to multiple fans. This wouldn't give you control over individual fans; neither would a splitter.

A better option ... that would give you control over the fans ... would be the Commander Pro. It has 6 fan connections for either DC or PWM fans as well as the functionality of the Lighting Node Pro and a 2 port USB hub. Based on what you said, long term, that would be the best option to meet what you want to do.

• Corsair Employee

A better option ... that would give you control over the fans ... would be the Commander Pro. It has 6 fan connections for either DC or PWM fans as well as the functionality of the Lighting Node Pro and a 2 port USB hub. Based on what you said, long term, that would be the best option to meet what you want to do.

I would highly recommend this route :biggrin: simple and efficient.

Thank you for the advice... Well I went with the commander pro, and I bought the pro expansion kit for the case. After taking all the parts out I ran into some problem connecting everything. The case came 3 RGB fans like i mention in the case I notice they were connected to the SP lighting Controller and 6 port hub for the fan.

In_Case.jpg

Then I took everything apart and disconnected Sp Lighting from the hub and connected the commander pro

command_pro.jpg

The LED 1 is connected to the 6 port hub. When I turn on the computer the fan spin but there's no light coming on. Could it be the fans that are currently in the machine are not compatible or am I doing something wrong on my side? Both the hub, and commander are connected to sat power.

This is driving me crazy right now that I can't figure it out.

Thanks for your help

looks to be wired up correctly.... Have you downloaded Corsair Link and add the fans manually in the commander LED control tab?

the light on the Commander is for when its communicating with another corsair device such as a psu... its not lit up all the time and certainly doesn't indicate power ;)

After trying so many different things I figure out a way to have both fans and led script lights to say on. When ever I connect the 3 pin cable to the commander to the hub it lights are turn off. When I put them back to normal SP connection and 6 port switch they turn on. Right now I'm running both the command the SP bundle that came with the case. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong i screw something up. For now it's working fine.

Down the road I plan on getting the HD 3 bundle fans to connect. I loaded the Corsair Link and man those lights are awesome once you figure it out. the only thing now is figuring what speed I should adjust the fans too. I notice once in a while they turn up . Right now they are running at 1139rpm what should I have them running at ?

thanks once again for all your help.

• Corsair Employee
The rpm of the fans will be totally up to you. You have full control over them since you have them connected to Commander PRO. You could always settle for the profiles that are pre-loaded into the software, or you could always create your custom profile to best suit your needs. If the noise level at 1139 rpm is ok with you, then keep it and perhaps tone it down when you put the system under load. It'll really come down to how much noise you can tolerate and how comfortable you are with your CPU temp, you just have to find the sweet spot.

Archived