Corsair Community

H80i unable to power until few secs later

RyougaLolakie

Hey, I'm having a problem with my h80i pn my new build i bought from the pc shop. The problem starts when I turn on my pc, it seems that the pump led wasn't on as I feared the pump wasn't getting powered until few secs later, the led turns on. While it happened, I checked the bios and the pump was reading at 2339rpm and the cpu temps at 30c. I didn't get a cpu fan error. This caused me for a concerned and I was afraid of turning on my pc, even if the pump wasnt turning on risking the cpu to fry itself (i know it has thermal production). This happen only when I turn on the pc, didn't occured at restart. I honestly couldn't tell if its the pump or led that does it. By the way, the setup was the h80i fans are connected on the motherboard, the pump rpm on cpu_fan 2, and pump is powered on sata from psu.

My motherboard was asrock fatality z97x killer and psu was corsair rm750. Cpu was i7 4790k and ram was 32gb g.skil ripjaws x.

Edit, I found a video on youtube that shows how the h80i is turned on which the pump turns on, led doesn't turn on until 10 seconds later, which I have the same thing as this guy's h80i, minus the fan noise since mine was connected to the motherboard. Is it common for h80i to do this?

Archived