Corsair Community

Double tapping keys after firmware update

tanjingwei

I have been using this K70 RGB Mx Red for about a month now without any issues, however after the newest firmware update the keys would occasionally double tap.

For example if I type "e" it would sometimes output "ee". I have used a programme called "switch hitter" from the unofficial FAQ page to test it out and it does show that sometimes the key would double press(usually I and E keys). Is this a software or hardware issue and is there a way to fix this like rolling back the drivers?

That is a switch issue most likely. Does it happen with all keys all of a sudden after the firmware update or only with a few ones?

If it's all it might indicate a FW issue, if only a few it's the switches failing and you'll have to RMA it.

Download and rollback the firmware to see if the switch reverts back to normal. I've attached it here.

Could you walk me through how to do it? It's a .bin file

Edit : I rolled the driver back to firmware version 1.12 and it is still occuriing for my "i" key

http://i.imgur.com/4jPxIg7.png

• 4 weeks later...

The issue is called chattering and is somewhat an issue on mechanical keyboards. Mostly the immense dust causes it (Or my bloody cigarette ash flying in the room).

You can fix the issue either by blowing into the switch while you keep it held, but it was not a permanent solution for me, my entire keyboard is chattering (Not using a corsair) and did not go for RMA.

You can solve the problem by installing a free program called Chattering Fix. You make it run on the background and it removes the second command for the letter if the time interval is too short. That almost completely solves your problem.

RMA is a better option if you can wait tho.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
My K65 RGB is doing the exact same thing. Every time I touch the e, i, or pp key is bouble tappps or trippple taps. Man this is really frustrating. I wish you could just post how to reset the keybboard, forgot about the b key too.... Ugggghhhh. Was working fine for about a month, then I bought the mousee and when I pplugged it in that is appporimately when the pproblem started. Driving me crazy. Anybody know the warranty pperiod on refurbished products. I hoppe I don't have to eat this 140 bucks. My 1200i is working flawleess. God this keyboard is going crazy.............................

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a Corsair K70 RGB and have trouble with the A key and the 0 and 7 keys on the key pad "chattering" double on a single press. Firmware is updated to the latest. This is frustrating during game play and even just typing a messaage. See?

I also have an LED light out on the letter Q. Not sure what to do about that. All the other lights work as they should. Have no issues with any of the lighting functions within the software.

Archived