Corsair Community

Corsair H100i GTX on Ryzen 3700x

jc243

Those are not your CPU cores. TMPIN# is a temperature sensor, in this case one reported from the motherboard. It could be VRM or PCH. Or it could be jibberish. Note TMPIN8 (top) and TMPIN6 (below). Nothing in your case is 2C. Asus uses an embedded controller that doesn't always make for friendly reporting, particularly these sensor values. iCUE struggles with it as well and it takes some experience and observation to figure out what is real and what is not. The worst part is the assignments (the TEMPIN #) may change from boot to boot. I loaded up this app on my Formula XI and have similar garbage, with several sensor in the 12-14C range in my 25C room.

Your actual CPU cores should be reported properly and will be lower down the list under the AMD 3700x. This should be just below the utilization where your screen cuts off, but there is another possibility. CPUID may not have been updated yet to handle the new Ryzens. Check to see if there is a beta version from them that can handle this. And yes, you can have a 20C difference between cores when one is loaded and the other is not. The way the CPUs manage this is getting rather complex and the monitoring is not fast enough to actually report what is happening. AMD is supposedly using some new tricks to try and load opposite sides of the CPU for better thermal efficiency without the voltage loss.

*Yikes. Last updated version of HWMon 1.40 is March. Maybe try HWiNFO. Martin is usually way ahead of the curve.

Edited by c-attack

Those are not your CPU cores. TMPIN# is a temperature sensor, in this case one reported from the motherboard. It could be VRM or PCH. Or it could be jibberish. Note TMPIN8 (top) and TMPIN6 (below). Nothing in your case is 2C. Asus uses an embedded controller that doesn't always make for friendly reporting, particularly these sensor values. iCUE struggles with it as well and it takes some experience and observation to figure out what is real and what is not. The worst part is the assignments (the TEMPIN #) may change from boot to boot. I loaded up this app on my Formula XI and have similar garbage, with several sensor in the 12-14C range in my 25C room.

Your actual CPU cores should be reported properly and will be lower down the list under the AMD 3700x. This should be just below the utilization where your screen cuts off, but there is another possibility. CPUID may not have been updated yet to handle the new Ryzens. Check to see if there is a beta version from them that can handle this. And yes, you can have a 20C difference between cores when one is loaded and the other is not. The way the CPUs manage this is getting rather complex and the monitoring is not fast enough to actually report what is happening. AMD is supposedly using some new tricks to try and load opposite sides of the CPU for better thermal efficiency without the voltage loss.

*Yikes. Last updated version of HWMon 1.40 is March. Maybe try HWiNFO. Martin is usually way ahead of the curve.

Thank you for responding quickly and getting me out of my mistake. I thought my liquid cooler was failing.

I will try to see the behavior with the other HWInfo application. Because with the HWMonitor the CPU temperature does not appear by core. So far I realize that temperatures are not shown by core.