Corsair Community

K95 RGB Platinum keycap replacements

Mathuw

I have had a really bad habit for almost the whole time of having this keyboard which is pulling off the keycaps and putting them back on constantly. over time this as cracked the slot the caps have and some have been completely broken off causing the keys to be loose or not sit properly.

So I came to this forum wondering if there are any keycap replacements for the k95 keyboard that are the same as the factory ones.

• 2 weeks later...
From what i know, most replacement key caps will work for the k95 platinum. Only thing that isn't going to fit properly is going to be the space bar and the windows keycaps since those are proprietary key sizes from Corsair. You can replace the rest of the keycaps though. I have pudding double shotted keycaps on my k95 platinum from HyperX since my keycaps were worn out. they bring out the RGB more IMHO. I hope that helps y'all.

• 1 month later...

same happened to me for general every day use, i have only taken them off once for cleaning out the hair with the tool that was provided but many key stems have cracked in half, this includes left alt, right alt, left ctrl, right ctrl, tilde (though tilde was like this out of the box), and the D key is wobbling badly, so it is about to break as well.

i could never sign in to support due to it saying i have incorrect username or password after resetting it like 15 times, so my keyboard is out of warranty now and they just told me to buy an entire keyboard layout which is extremely unnecessary all because of their crappy quality.

support should be able to charge you for the keys you need, having to buy the entire 104 key set because of 6 broke ones is pretty ridiculous, especially when they are prone to breaking like this. i have had to go back to my microsoft keyboard/ logitesch mouse set that i used for 7 years prior to buying the K95 and M65

This is one of the reasons I suggested the low profile K95 be released in my other thread.

The low profile Cherry speed switches on the K70 MK.2 are redesigned with a circular "washer" around the key "cross". This basically supports the entire key cap stem grabbing it from the inside and outside. It also sinks flush with the switch housing when pressed, eliminating the chance of sideways force on the entire part.

This is the BEST switch Cherry has made IMO and a huge improvement over their existing design as it reduces the chances of key cap stems breaking and/or splitting. I am hoping they expand this low profile lineup in the future with other colors (blue, brown, green, black, etc...)

In addition, the PBT key caps Corsair offer have a slightly thicker, more rounded stem "wall" compared to the key caps they ship generically. It's kind of ridiculous paying $180-$200 for a keyboard and then forking over another $50 for key caps that don't break prematurely. Keyboard warranty = useless.

Of course Corsair knows this and enjoys milking their consumers, or in the worst case, using their paying customers as quality control testers.

In an ideal world Corsair would let you buy a low profile K95 with a choice of black/white PBT key caps already fitted. As it is right now I have to choose between regular versus low profile, proper key caps versus ones that fail prematurely and wireless versus having macro keys.

Compromise. That's the only word I can think of when looking at Corsair's keyboards.

This is one of the reasons I suggested the low profile K95 be released in my other thread.

The low profile Cherry speed switches on the K70 MK.2 are redesigned with a circular "washer" around the key "cross". This basically supports the entire key cap stem grabbing it from the inside and outside. It also sinks flush with the switch housing when pressed, eliminating the chance of sideways force on the entire part.

This is the BEST switch Cherry has made IMO and a huge improvement over their existing design as it reduces the chances of key cap stems breaking and/or splitting. I am hoping they expand this low profile lineup in the future with other colors (blue, brown, green, black, etc...)

In addition, the PBT key caps Corsair offer have a slightly thicker, more rounded stem "wall" compared to the key caps they ship generically. It's kind of ridiculous paying $180-$200 for a keyboard and then forking over another $50 for key caps that don't break prematurely. Keyboard warranty = useless.

Of course Corsair knows this and enjoys milking their consumers, or in the worst case, using their paying customers as quality control testers.

In an ideal world Corsair would let you buy a low profile K95 with a choice of black/white PBT key caps already fitted. As it is right now I have to choose between regular versus low profile, proper key caps versus ones that fail prematurely and wireless versus having macro keys.

Compromise. That's the only word I can think of when looking at Corsair's keyboards.

agreed, and i am staying away from any of their peripherals for the forseeable future. most of the inside of my computer is corsair, power supply, SSD, Ram, fans, keyboard and the mouse was until it malfunctioned a few months after an RMA. i am definitely staying away from their peripherals for the forseeable future! i am not buying an entire keyboard layout for 6 keys and the rest is basically for the trash bin.. or maybe i will try to find that K70 you suggested. we will see.

i thought support would be useful, but they outright refused to charge me or send me replacements even though i know for a fact that they can.

Archived