Corsair Community

Corsair LINK and Asus Aura

ETHREAL1

So I'm planning a long awaited computer build that I've been saving up for for about 9 months and I have a dilemma, most of the stuff for the computer with RGB lighting will be from corsair but there are some things that will be from Asus or controlled by Asus aura like the motherboard, GPU, and possibly the case and CPU water block. There will be a part list at the bottom of the post.

So the question that I have is with Asus releasing there Aura SDK will corsair LINK be able to control Asus aura lighting hardware now or in the future in the same way that corsair LINK can control MSI hardware?

I ask as I only want one lighting controller and I think that corsair has the most customizable system and will allow me to sync all the lighting like demonstrated in this video: [ame]

[/ame] hoping the link will works this time...

intended part list;

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Threadripper 1900X 3.8GHz 8-Core Processor ($524.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: Asus - ROG ZENITH EXTREME EATX TR4 Motherboard ($517.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($729.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Samsung - 960 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($289.88 @ OutletPC)

Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda Pro 10TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (X2) ($399.99 @ Amazon)

Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB POSEIDON Video Card (2-Way SLI)

Case: Cooler Master - COSMOS C700P ATX Full Tower Case ($290.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: Corsair - AX1500i 1500W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($389.99 @ Amazon)

Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit ($111.00 @ Amazon)

Case Fan: Corsair - LL140 RGB LED 51.5 CFM 140mm Fan (X6) ($39.99 @ Amazon)

Keyboard: Corsair - K95 RGB PLATINUM Wired Gaming Keyboard ($169.99 @ Amazon)

Other: Corsair Fan Controller Commander Pro (CL-9011110-WW) ($64.60 @ Amazon)

Total: $4129.34

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-29 20:57 EDT-0400

Note that this system will be liquid cooled and will serve many simultaneous rules at once, and yes I know what I'm doing...

I dont know about Aura but I will say dont touch anything Gigabyte. I wanted to reduce the software so went Aorus for both GPU and mobo. Big mistake as the software and z370 motherboards dont like each other/

I also have 6 RGB connected to Commander Pro and the wiring is a nightmare at the back of the case............so make sure the Cosmos had a deep rear

"dont touch anything Gigabyte" I don't plan to that's one of the reasons I have always gone with and trust Asus, but there also in in of its self is the problem, the aura software is not very useful and is buggy, that's why I'm wondering if corsair link will at some point be able to control asus hardware lighting with the aura SDK being public.

or if someone can code some nonsense to make it so the asus stuff shows a commander pro or something... beyond my knowledge...

• Corsair Employee

It's something we're going to continually look into and evaluate, but don't hold your breath. Right now everybody is trying to create their own RGB ecosystem, so cooperation is rarefied.

One of our "problems" is that when we went to switch to individually addressable RGB LEDs, we were ahead of the curve, and we designed our products around the control we had over our own ecosystem. LED connectors were also specialized so that it would be difficult to plug them in incorrectly.

So I'm planning a long awaited computer build that I've been saving up for for about 9 months and I have a dilemma, most of the stuff for the computer with RGB lighting will be from corsair but there are some things that will be from Asus or controlled by Asus aura like the motherboard, GPU, and possibly the case and CPU water block. There will be a part list at the bottom of the post.

So the question that I have is with Asus releasing there Aura SDK will corsair LINK be able to control Asus aura lighting hardware now or in the future in the same way that corsair LINK can control MSI hardware?

I ask as I only want one lighting controller and I think that corsair has the most customizable system and will allow me to sync all the lighting like demonstrated in this video:

hoping the link will works this time...

intended part list;

Motherboard: Asus - ROG ZENITH EXTREME EATX TR4 Motherboard ($517.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($729.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Samsung - 960 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($289.88 @ OutletPC)

Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda Pro 10TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (X2) ($399.99 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: Corsair - AX1500i 1500W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($389.99 @ Amazon)

Note that this system will be liquid cooled and will serve many simultaneous rules at once, and yes I know what I'm doing...

I have an Asus Rampage VI Extreme and use both Aura and Corsair Link. Aura controls the MOBO lights including my G Skill Memory. They seem to play ok together. Software for both can be buggy at times so that seems to be more of an issue than anything.

I really wish the major manufacturers could get together and develop a system or way that would play nicely with RGB. I understand Corsair has a lot invested in its eco system but from a consumer perspective I just want things to work nicely all around. Please make an effort to work with others to develop a standard or way for things to play nicely together. You would have some very grateful customers! :)

• 1 month later...
Planning to build a new system with an Asus mobo and G.Skill Trident Z RGB memory, controlled by Aura, Corsair fans and strips controlled by CL + Commander Pro. I know not to use the beta G.Skill RGB control app for the memory because it can brick the sticks. Some said Aura also can corrupt Trident memory. Aura not an issue anymore (or was it ever)?

I really wish the major manufacturers could get together and develop a system or way that would play nicely with RGB. I understand Corsair has a lot invested in its eco system but from a consumer perspective I just want things to work nicely all around. Please make an effort to work with others to develop a standard or way for things to play nicely together. You would have some very grateful customers! :)

Definitely agree with you on this one! But it's not just Corsair ... Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, NZXT ... they all have their own "standard" and "ecosystem".

Planning to build a new system with an Asus mobo and G.Skill Trident Z RGB memory, controlled by Aura, Corsair fans and strips controlled by CL + Commander Pro. I know not to use the beta G.Skill RGB control app for the memory because it can brick the sticks. Some said Aura also can corrupt Trident memory. Aura not an issue anymore (or was it ever)?

So ... I used to have LED strips off my motherboard and controlled by Aura. I found Aura to be ... disappointing. I'm fixin' to completely uninstall it now and just use the BIOS controls to set the LEDs on the motherboard ... and that's it. Mostly because I just don't need it and yesterday I caught their "Lighting Service" eating 25% CPU.

I have an Asus Maximus Formula IX and Aura controls my MB and my GPU which is also and Asus.

My Corsair HD140RGB fans (7 total) , Corsair Vengeance RGB Dram (4 sticks total) Corsair H115i AIO with single rgb and Corsair LED strips are all controlled by Corsair Link.( I wish that there was an integration of CUE and LINK) I run a custom profile on my K95 to match the leds in the PC.)

There is one exception to the RGB fans. My PSU is a Thermaltake RGB1250W with RGB fan controlled by Thermaltake software. ( that is also lacking, but that is another story for another time being there is only one fan and it is tucked away at the back lower corner.

From first hand experience Corsair has bugs and issues with the Speed and Brightness sliders for the RGB LEDs. So far all I get when I adjust a slider is off, Middle and full brightness, It is the same regardless for Fan and or LED strips. Agitating that it is buggy 4.3.9.25 release you would think by now Corsair would have the bugs worked out.

The Asus Aura is lacking when it compares to the Corsair Link. The Corsair link at this time has more options and functions for the leds. But the Asus Aura does what I need it to do. If I could get it to sync between the Mobo and the GPU I would be even happier with it. In the future I will be using the RGB headers on the Mobo to control external Led light strip outside of the case and around the desk.

So hopefully these companies will start feeling the grief we the consumer is feeling with the conflicts between apps/software and come to an industry standard and go from there. Asus uses led 5050. Corsair their own. Silverlight 5050, Thermaltake their own .

• 7 months later...

I ask as I only want one lighting controller and I think that corsair has the most customizable system and will allow me to sync all the lighting like demonstrated in this video:

hoping the link will works this time...

intended part list;

just watched that video how is the Corsair AIO so bright and able to do colour around it I have the same AIO its a H110i GT mine only lights up the name corsair and its not bright at all

Also its about time corsair open the doors like asus, gigabyte, msi, who all allow other brands to work on their RGB software, I love corsair I haVE SEVERAL THINSG I REALLY LIKE BUT i WOULD LIKE OPTIONS

Archived