Corsair Community

(need compatibility advice) Obsidian 500D RGB SE + H150i PRO RGB + bulky GPU

huyjgjujg

i have a few question regarding moving to a new case (from carbide 400c to obsidian 500d rgb)

My old cooler (though its still 4 month old) is H80iv2, fitted into carbide 400c (front, upper side)

My gpu is zotac 1080ti amp ext, spec length is 325mm. as it is, its very tight fit between gpu and the cooler

and im about to move to obsidian 500d.

1. would i be able to use H150i PRO RGB with my new case? would it fit with the gpu? is it more wider/narrower than h80i?

2. if im not upgrading my cooler (and stay with the h80i), can i still use the obsidian's included LL fan for push and the h80i's SP fan for the pull, or did they need to be the same type of fan?

cheers :biggrin:

• Corsair Employee

The H150i Pro is a lot thinner than the H80i. You have about 420mm of clearance between the back of the case and the front where the fans are. You won't have a problem with your GPU and the H150i Pro in the front. You might even be able to get away with push pull but then it'll be pretty tight.

You can fit both the LL fan and the SP fan for push pull. Shouldn't be too much of an issue.

The H150i Pro is a lot thinner than the H80i. You have about 420mm of clearance between the back of the case and the front where the fans are. You won't have a problem with your GPU and the H150i Pro in the front. You might even be able to get away with push pull but then it'll be pretty tight.

You can fit both the LL fan and the SP fan for push pull. Shouldn't be too much of an issue.

thanks. the clearance of the rear and front fan is great info. just a suggestion though, that info should be on the case spec (all cases), and not only the whole case dimension.

cant wait for my case to arrive :D:

Archived