Corsair Community

Installing the H100 in a 650D(plugs question)

evan748

Hello,

The installation instructions on the H100 say to plug the two 120mm fans into the H100 pump unit and the 3pin from the pump unit into the Mobo CPU Fan header.

As the 650D case has an integrated fan controller that has plugs for up to 4 fans where should i plug everything?

I don't know how it works as this is my first time building but could i do something like plug all 4 fans (2x case fans and 2x H100 fans) into the 650D's fan controller plugs and then the 3pin from the pump into the Mobo cpu fan header? Would this allow me to use the front panel rather then the button on the H100 to change fan speeds?

Thanks.

-Evan-

Plug the 3-pin coming out of the pump to the motherboard. The ones on the fans are for the cooling node (on one of the sides of the pump). plug those there and the pump should auto control the fan speed by the profile selected, temp or the Corsair Link (not released yet). the molex (4-Pin) connectors plugs into your PSU molex connector.

You can plug the fans in wherever you like. The important things are to make sure you are plugging the 3 pin from the pump into some place where nothing will try to limit the RPMs, and connecting the 4 pin molex to the PSU. Eventually Corsair will release the Corsair Link, which will connect to the pump and allow for a presumably more granular level fan control

Thanks for the replies.

I plugged the radiator fans into the pump and the pump to the Mobo/PSU.

"The important things are to make sure you are plugging the 3 pin from the pump into some place where nothing will try to limit the RPMs"

I have the Maximus IV Gene Z Mobo, plugged the pump into the CPU_FAN socket, that shouldn't limit RPM's right?

- Evan -

I have the Maximus IV Gene Z Mobo, plugged the pump into the CPU_FAN socket, that shouldn't limit RPM's right?

No that header WILL limit rpms depending on CPU temp. You can either disaable the monitoring for that header so it runs at full. or switch to a different header

Archived