Corsair Community

Changing % power on H115i plat

Sho

No damage possible. It is physically lacking the actual control pin and wire. It won't do anything. The worst case scenario is I've had a few Asus motherboards get momentarily stuck when "tuning the fans" as they try to assess the CPU Fan header when it's not disabled. That's not harmful either. It just made the process take an extra 30 seconds.

The "disconnect issue" is related to the USB connection and not a power drop. That would be critically bad if true. There are quite a few lengthy threads about the Platinum series cooler USB ping-pong, but the short version is try setting your RGB lighting on the pump to a static color. This seems to eliminate the issue for most users.

The "disconnect issue" is related to the USB connection and not a power drop. That would be critically bad if true. There are quite a few lengthy threads about the Platinum series cooler USB ping-pong, but the short version is try setting your RGB lighting on the pump to a static color. This seems to eliminate the issue for most users.

Not good… :bigeyes:. Hopefully Corsair will solve these problems...

It's actually caused by iCue/it's service crashing and automatically recovering. When iCue starts, it disconnects/reconnects it's USB devices, and when it crashes frequently you get the USB disconnect/reconnect sounds. iCue needs to be fixed, until then, this workaround should help (don't confuse this for a fix, though, it has it's drawbacks).

It's actually caused by iCue/it's service crashing and automatically recovering. When iCue starts, it disconnects/reconnects it's USB devices, and when it crashes frequently you get the USB disconnect/reconnect sounds. iCue needs to be fixed, until then, this workaround should help (don't confuse this for a fix, though, it has it's drawbacks).

No, the service isn't crashing. Sorry, that's not the issue.

What in heck is it then?

I don't have a definitive answer for that. However, whenever the Corsair Service crashes on my machine, Windows generates a dump file. It's pretty easy for me to verify that the service didn't crash.

While I do have my suspicions, that's all they are - suspicions. So I would rather not spread half-truths, rumors or outright falsehoods. But I can say with absolute certainty that it's not the service crashing.

Archived