Corsair Community

Dark Core RGB wheel

iGoldenBrown

My mouse wheel worked smooth and quiet for 2 months after buying and then started to make this loud scratching sound then rotating in one direction. After this i returned it to store. I think this is not normal and Dark Core have many another quality problems like huge backlash left button. After returning this mouse i bought a Logitech G603 and forgot what is "everyday charging" of mouse and it doesn't have any backlash buttons (even with a removable top panel with buttons). I realy like the Dark Core SE but so many problems (i decribed this problems in many forum threads) like backlash buttons, scratching wheel, incorrect charging, cursor jumping, battery drain just left me no choice another to return it and buy 2x cheaper mouse that doesn't have this problems.

My mouse wheel worked smooth and quiet for 2 months after buying and then started to make this loud scratching sound then rotating in one direction. After this i returned it to store. I think this is not normal and Dark Core have many another quality problems like huge backlash left button. After returning this mouse i bought a Logitech G603 and forgot what is "everyday charging" of mouse and it doesn't have any backlash buttons (even with a removable top panel with buttons). I realy like the Dark Core SE but so many problems (i decribed this problems in many forum threads) like backlash buttons, scratching wheel, incorrect charging, cursor jumping, battery drain just left me no choice another to return it and buy 2x cheaper mouse that doesn't have this problems.

The mouse wheel is not meant to be smooth...

The mouse wheel is not meant to be smooth...

By word "smooth" i mean a work without any crunch and loud noise.

I know that mouse wheel have to work with clearly distinguishable steps and Dark Core wheel worked as it should for 2 months.

Before this thread i thought that my issues could have been caused by Qi charging of mouse - during charging mouse become a very warm (and hot at the bottom side) and i think this can be the cause of deformation of plastic parts which leads to backlash. But now i see that this issue arose not only from me.

By word "smooth" i mean a work without any crunch and loud noise.

I know that mouse wheel have to work with clearly distinguishable steps and Dark Core wheel worked as it should for 2 months.

Before this thread i thought that my issues could have been caused by Qi charging of mouse - during charging mouse become a very warm (and hot at the bottom side) and i think this can be the cause of deformation of plastic parts which leads to backlash. But now i see that this issue arose not only from me.

Okay then, that makes more sense. My Dark Core is about a month old and is still good as new though.

Also, I'm pretty sure the mouse isn't supposed to heat up that much when charging it, which is quite a bit concerning, especially if that problem continues to worsen with time. Would recommend contacting customer support and see what they have to say about it.

did not understand your joke

Neither did anyone else for that matter.

Archived