Corsair Community

M65 Pro RGB not detecting on boot

Pretty much as the title describes. Ordered a new M65 PRO rgb mouse, plugged it in, installed the drivers, installed the most recent CUE software. Every time I start my computer from sleeping it doesn't work unless I unplug it and plug it back in. Starting CUE from the start menu when it's not working does not recognize it and runs as though the device was on. Poked around here and saw a little bit of fixes for problems that are not exactly my own and tried a few, namely running as Admin, still no results. Running Windows 7 64-bit OS. Kinda looked around but still having issues, did not see any recommendation for what retroactive version of CUE I should use for the device if that is indeed the problem. Anyone have other possible fixes?

Drivers are updated, I even put CUE as an exclusion/trusted program in my antivirus. The weird thing is now if I restart my computer it starts up no problem with the mouse working, if I put it to sleep and then wake it back up the mouse is not detected? I guess I shouldn't say it's not detected on boot, but not detected on waking or something like that?

Still having issues after doing windows updates, even installing optional updates. Really happy with the performance of the mouse otherwise but this software issue is pretty disappointing. Usually happy with corsair products but I didn't know something simple like a mouse could have issues.

diabled selective power options for USB in menu options and it still did not help anything, when I unplugged and plugged the mouse back in however I got a message in the lower right hand corner saying that the device ID was not recognized and then it quickly disappeared and I couldn't find why it popped up. Maybe uninstalling and reinstalling the basic software or software recovery through CUE would do something to help? Kinda ridiculous that a mouse would have so many issues.

• 4 weeks later...

..Mouse is often not recognized at startup. Pretty frustrating.

Win7 Pro 64bit

Please don't talk of updating intrusive Windows drivers. I'm not part of that unending control-cycle.

I like this mouse, but if it doesn't work.

I'll pan it for one that does. What else can one do?

• Corsair Employee
..Mouse is often not recognized at startup. Pretty frustrating.

Win7 Pro 64bit

Please don't talk of updating intrusive Windows drivers. I'm not part of that unending control-cycle.

I like this mouse, but if it doesn't work.

I'll pan it for one that does. What else can one do?

Did you also try disabling USB Selective Suspend Setting in Power Settings? If so, then I suggest submitting a ticket a https://support.corsair.com to see if our technical support team can assist you.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have had an M65 mouse from new, after a year or two I got the fail to load upon boot.

I realise that this is an old post, however:-

I searched you tube for a disassembly video, stripped the mouse, being careful with the connectors inside and with a cotton bud and isopropyl alcohol cleaned all traces of any grease build up and or small fibres.

Its been a few weeks and I have had zero fails when booting with my Corsair M65.

I guess something inside my mouse was causing a short upon boot.

The worst affected area seem to be below the middle mouse wheel.

Hope this helps some one.