Corsair Community

Binding keystrokes to K90 G keys

wsloan

I just got a K90 keyboard from Amazon. First I must say I love the feel of the keys.

My problem is how to map keystrokes to the G keys. I play SWTOR and want to program G1-12 to ALT1 to ALT= (for my second hot bar). I tried recording macro's using the MR key but the problem is when I press a G key that was mapped that way all other keyboard input is ignored.

This means I can't run (WASD or arrows) and use instant cast abilities mapped to the G Keys. Is there a fix for this? I would hate to have to return the keyboard.

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
This is possible to do. Click MR, Click the G-key you want to use, Press the Alt button, Press 1 Button and click MR to stop recording. Then delete everything except the down arrows next to Alt and 1. This sets the G key to imitate pressing both keys at once. You can change the playback options to whichever you prefer. Then enable hardware playback and save to the keyboard so you can use it in game.

I followed your instructions and it did not fix the problem. When I use a G key while running (either with w or up arrow) I stop running and have to start again.

This makes kiting w/instant cast abilities impossible.

• 3 weeks later...
Ah I see, the macro does work but you didn't mention you were doing it while running. That is an issue we are looking into and will try to resolve.

^^Please fix this ASAP. Macros should not change the state of other keys on the keyboard. I was really excited to use this product, but macros interrupt other actions. The product is useless for macros when in hardware mode (which is required for games, etc)

I was terribly disappointed with my purchase upon discovering this! Please Please fix!

Archived