Corsair Community

570x top panel sturdiness

dchalfont

So I have cats at they jump on my curremy case all time but I am wondering whether they will break the glass top panel of then570x.

So is it stury or frail and do you think that if I put a few erasers in the middle of the top panel, near the sides of the frame to brace it in the middle. Or something else to support it is they step near the middle if it would likely hold.

The 570x is really the only case that interests me and I want to order parts for a new pc either today or tomorrow.

Thanks.

• Corsair Employee
They're pretty sturdy and has fairly thick glass panel so it will hold if you put objects, as long that they're steady. But that said, there's no guarantee if its sturdy enough if you put a good amount of weight on top, especially when its moving. I guess putting some kind of cushion in between the glass and the top part of the chassis will provide support to some extent.

They're pretty sturdy and has fairly thick glass panel so it will hold if you put objects, as long that they're steady. But that said, there's no guarantee if its sturdy enough if you put a good amount of weight on top, especially when its moving. I guess putting some kind of cushion in between the glass and the top part of the chassis will provide support to some extent.

That's. Will do.

all 3 of our Cats jump on my 570x on a daily basis.. it can cope bud

H4gkoxFl.jpg

obviosuly the one below doesnt count.... yet..... lol

N5hgRy5l.jpg

Good to know. But my cats are 5kg each and jump from my home theatre speakers down as well as the small jump up. I think I'm going to have to stick the case under my tv panel somehow so they can't jump on it. I'm worried if they jump right in the middle of the top panel.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2z3no5k.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/2jcg4ck.jpg

Either way I'll make it work. I've got my heart set on it now.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2z3no5k.jpg

NICE!.. I recently sold my MA GR series speakers.. GR60's front, GRFX's sides and rear and GRLCR front and rear center's etc. didnt have the Subs though,, had the B&W ASW850.. all on Denon Amplification, every thing spiked on Granite Plinths

Miss the sound.. dont miss the space taken up and or the constant worry of my grandchildren touching them lol

The wife doesnt miss my Cable addiction either lol

I would be confident your Cats wont harm the glass or indeed the the glass wont harm your Cats ;).. our biggest cat isnt pictured,, huge she is and certainly over 5kg.. some would say obese... not that my wife would admit! she also jumps from the selves to the top of my pc. . That weight is never applied instantly as suspension works both ways and cats have a really good suspension set up lol.....

NICE!.. I recently sold my MA GR series speakers.. GR60's front, GRFX's sides and rear and GRLCR front and rear center's etc. didnt have the Subs though,, had the B&W ASW850.. all on Denon Amplification, every thing spiked on Granite Plinths

Miss the sound.. dont miss the space taken up and or the constant worry of my grandchildren touching them lol

The wife doesnt miss my Cable addiction either lol

I would be confident your Cats wont harm the glass or indeed the the glass wont harm your Cats ;).. our biggest cat isnt pictured,, huge she is and certainly over 5kg.. some would say obese... not that my wife would admit! she also jumps from the selves to the top of my pc. . That weight is never applied instantly as suspension works both ways and cats have a really good suspension set up lol.....

Awesome.

And monitor audio is a great brand but I have my issues with these subs. They have an auto detect signal thing to turn on and in my opinion for $3450aus each....I should have to ability to disable it and have them active as soon as the reciver connected to them via 12volt trigger is power on. They don't seem to do it any more but depending on the signal sometimes I am forced to turn the reviever off and the player then turn it back in to force detection.

I have my first child on the way and that room has no door so besides a gate...there isn't going to be much between him and trouble.

Wish me luck, and thanks again for the help. I posted this thread in the wrong section somehow but it all worked out.

Archived