Corsair Community

X32 SSD suddenly not recognised by bios or PC

djparce

So my Pc was working fine last night, and then suddenly I restart to find that the X32 is not recognised in the bios, so I booted my dual boot up set up on another Hard drive and couldn't find the SSD drive in the my computer or disk management either, Any ideas?

Tried switching the sata ports, cables, psu cables, updated drivers. Bios is current version 4.15 its weird because I've had it in for 6 months and had no problems until now

I have the exact same thing happening to me yesterday with my x64.

The previous day I used the system normally and then switch it off. Yesterday I tried to switch on and the drive is non recognised by the bios.

tested with different sata ports, sata cables, power cables... but no luck.

I have been using it for 11 months with no problems whatsoever and with the same settings. My X64 is still of an old batch wit the first firmware an i never even tried to do a firmware update (no much point to enable trim as I'm using winxp). I'm not using ahci as it is not supported very well by my motherboard and slows down the boot process. But yesteray I also tried to switch to ahci.... without solving anything.

The "funny" thing is that when the drive is plugged in, the bios tries to detect it and stays there fo 15-20 seconds before saying that there is no drive attached. If it is unplugged the bios takes a fraction of a second to detect that nothing is plugged in the sata port.

When the x64 drive is pluged in there is also a glitch in the recognition of one of the other drives in the system, which is only detected if i go in the bios and manually try to detect it.

For the avoidance of any doubt... I did try to manually detect the drive in all the 6 sata ports of the Mobo and to detach the other drives.

Currently I have to use my old raptor.... and it feels Slooooooooooooowwwwwww :(:

Shall I request an RMA?

If so...Shall I indicate the link to this post?

In case of rma... is thre an "expiry" date for the rma number?

The reason for my asking is that I live outside USA and will be able to send the drive back only in 3 weeks time when I visit the States.

I have the exact same thing happening to me yesterday with my x64.

The previous day I used the system normally and then switch it off. Yesterday I tried to switch on and the drive is non recognised by the bios.

tested with different sata ports, sata cables, power cables... but no luck.

I have been using it for 11 months with no problems whatsoever and with the same settings. My X64 is still of an old batch wit the first firmware an i never even tried to do a firmware update (no much point to enable trim as I'm using winxp). I'm not using ahci as it is not supported very well by my motherboard and slows down the boot process. But yesteray I also tried to switch to ahci.... without solving anything.

The "funny" thing is that when the drive is plugged in, the bios tries to detect it and stays there fo 15-20 seconds before saying that there is no drive attached. If it is unplugged the bios takes a fraction of a second to detect that nothing is plugged in the sata port.

When the x64 drive is pluged in there is also a glitch in the recognition of one of the other drives in the system, which is only detected if i go in the bios and manually try to detect it.

For the avoidance of any doubt... I did try to manually detect the drive in all the 6 sata ports of the Mobo and to detach the other drives.

Currently I have to use my old raptor.... and it feels Slooooooooooooowwwwwww :(:

Shall I request an RMA?

If so...Shall I indicate the link to this post?

In case of rma... is thre an "expiry" date for the rma number?

The reason for my asking is that I live outside USA and will be able to send the drive back only in 3 weeks time when I visit the States.

Funnily (or not so funnily) enough this happened to my first Corsair X-64GB SSD, as it was working fine then suddenly the system / BIOS failed to even detect it - I sent it back and bought the X-128 and paid the difference and its never failed. Are the X-32's having the same issues as the X-64's? I have yet to be advised what caused mine to do this as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply... I was away for a few days.

Thanks for your reply.

I just requested an RMA and the case number is 1782537.

Just in case you wonder about some details of the request....In the rma request i indicated the address of my relatives in the US.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I must return on this topic as I still have a problem.

The replacement was received (through my relatives in the States, and this explains why only a couple of day ago after almost 2 months I had the possibility to try reinstalling the SSD).

To my surprise the disk I received is behaving EXACTLY like the one I sent back, and this is straight from the box!

Just plugging it in and the bios stops also recognising most or all of the other disks, hanging for several minutes in the recognition process. If I unplug it during this wait time then the system returns immediately to normal behaviour.

I tried to re-flash the bios, trying again in different Sata ports (also in the additional gigabyte controller, tried again using AHCI, different cables etc....

At this point I was seriously thinking that it was something to do with my motherboard... but the thing I could not explain was how it comes that, out of 6 hard disks and 1 other SSD I used over time in my pc (currently 3 disks and 1 SSD working), the X64 is the only one giving me troubles.

Yesterday I tried with my PC at work…. And the behaviour was exactly the same!

As a side note: The green led inside the disk lights up, so it is not a “missing power”.

I’m astonished to discover that a product that is clearly labelled as “refurbished” is not working. I can understand that sometimes a product can be produced with a problem… but after “somebody” refurbishes it I would imagine that they would at least check if it “powers up”!

At this point I’m very puzzled about what to do… if trying again the RMA route, which would imply again the transportation costs, or else….

Any suggestion?

It looks like I am having the similar problems... I have been using a x64 for over a year now and recently have been having problems with warm reboots and the bios not detecting the x64. In most cases a complete shutdown/cold boot takes care of the problem, but today a complete power down followed by a quick power up was not good enough. I needed to power down, wait a bit and power up. It then recognized the drive.

I am using an ASUS p5q pro motherboard, win7, AHCI enabled in bios. The motherboard is using the latest bios from ASUS and the x64 shipped w/the 2.0 FW.

No changes, bios or otherwise have been made to the system in months if not longer. Two other non ssd hard drives in the system are working just fine and don't have any issues.

I'd hate to have to RMA as the system is an MCE system and used for all the tv viewing in the house. Does Corsair have an advance replacement program?

You will need to conatct our customer service and let them know the previous RMA number and they can help you with that.

I contacted the customer service last thursday filling the online form. So far i have no reply. I will try to send a mail at Rmaservice@corsairmemory.com mailbox.

Due to differences in the timezone it is quite difficult for me to call them at the phone (there are 9 hours differences between Italy and California); not to mention the cost as I can't call the toll-free number.

Archived