• Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

Found 14 results

1. Sorry for probably a dumb question.. but does the Corsair 1000d (gigantic super-tower case) does it support installing RGB fans like the ql120mm fans on the bottom of the case. I see all these builds but not any with fans on bottom.. also, as most 3packs of Corsair fans come with node.. would 3 fit on bottom of this case and would I need fan extension cables? Ok, that was more than 1 question... Sorry
  2. We know you guys have been wanting this since we showed off Concept Slate at Computex last year... So today we're proud to announce that the new Obsidian Series 1000D has been released to the wild! https://www.corsair.com/us/en/obsidian-1000d-case [ame] [/ame]
  3. Hallo Leute, Ich möchte mit meinem System vom 900D zum 1000D wechseln. Ich habe eine Costum Wasserkühlung in meinem System. Diesmal möchte ich von einem Wasserkreislauf zu einer Wasserkühlung mit 2 Wasserkreisläufe umsteigen. Beim 900D habe ich die beiden 480mm Radis, einen an der Oberseite (die Lüfter pusten nach oben) und den anderen unten auf der linken Seite (pusten ebenfalls raus). Wie wäre es optimalsten? Zu den beiden Radis kommen nochmal 2 480mm Radis rein. Die oberen beiden sind klar. Wärme steigt nach oben, dementsprechend sollte man nicht dagegen arbeiten- Aber wie sieht es mit den vorderen Radis aus? Raus oder rein pusten lassen? Wenn raus, sollte ich ich dann die hinteren beiden 140mm Lüfter rein pusten lassen und dann ein Staubfilter kaufen? Liebe Grüße und danke schonmal im Vorraus. Luigi9212
  4. Hi!! I just bought a Corsair 1000D case that it came with a SATA to 3-pin cable (with "something" in the middle) that I don't know what it's used for. Can you please help me? (See attached pictures) Thanks in advance!
  5. Hello there! I hope im right here, if not, please help me by leading me into the right direction. Now, to the Problem: On Monday i upgraded from some Crucial RAM, a Z370 Board and some stock Cooler, to Vengeance RBG Pro RAM, a Z390 Board and a Noctua cooler. Since then, my LL120 Fans (which i only have 3 of, so far) have been Blinking in various colors. Now, i didnt take this as a serious issue since i just pretty much set up a new system but i then noticed that one of the fans stopped spinning every now and then, just to get back up again. Because the Noctua Fan is basically right infront of it, i quickly did a benchmark, thinking it might be stopped by the massive airflow of the Noctua Fan, luckily that didnt seem to be the case. Now, when i look into iCue, i can see that Voltage on 12v, 5v and 3,3v drops to 0 or change (for example, 12v at 5v). The Fans disappear every now and then and the color i set for the fans have barely any impact. I tried swapping some cables at the Commander, swap Fan1 and Fan3, both RGB and fan controller The RAM works fine though, im having no issues there. The Corsair logo and the I/O Panel were blinking in different colors too, but it seems like i fixed that, somehow. I would really appreciate any help, since im at the point where i have no idea anymore. Thanks!
  6. Wasn't sure where to post this, but I figured this was the best place for now. I was wondering if there would be a Version 2 of the Corsair 1000D. I currently own one and I can say that it's truly a great case, but there still some issues that have me asking me "why is this an issue on a $600 dollar case? 1) Why is the ITX button on the back of the case??? I understand not wanting to cause confusion, but a big power button and a small power (possibly labeled "ITX") on the front panel could have solved this issue. My case being up against the wall makes it a pain to reach it. 2) It would be nice if the Hard Drive Storage Bay was removable. However, more annoying is that the hard drive holders are made of the cheapest plastic you can find? I understand you don't see them, but its the fact that I'm paying $600 for a case. I expect quality from top to bottom. 3) My next issues is with the back cover used if you have a single PC system setup... why does it cover half of the vertical Graphics card ports for the second system?!? I understand a vertical mount is included for the main motherboard and aren't covered, but why wouldn't I just use the two vertical mounts all the way in front? However, I feel this is a simple part fix that just makes sense. Even if I don't have a second system, I'm going to want to display my graphics card as upfront as possible. 4) Finally, this is purely personal preference but it would be nice if the 2nd system could fit a Micro ATX and not just a Mini ITX. I feel the case is already huge...whats an extra 3 inches? But this would allow the 2nd system to be either a gaming or stream/recording set up. At this high end, most people are going to use an Elgato HD60 Pro 4K, or similar, that plugs into your PCIE Lanes, so you can mirror your game and capture it to the 2nd PC. You can use the the chips integrated GPU, but you would be pressed to be able to stream AND record. So having the second PCIE slot, available on the micro ATX would enable a graphics card and a capture card. Yes, I know you can get a USB capture card, but at this price point, you're gonna want the best of the best. And yes, I can use the main motherboard for steaming instead, but I would prefer to use a bigger motherboard to handle the CPU and GPU that I'm going to tax as hard as possible on ULTRA settings for 244hz 1080p or 144hz 4K, while the streaming/recording PC will be 1080p 60FPS stream and record. But most of these issues are not case breaking and the 1000d is still an awesome case. However, if these changes are made, mainly the first 2 and especially the 4th, I would buy the new version in a heart beat. I'm not sure what needs to be done to get the version 2 even considered, but I would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks
  7. Bonjour, J'aurai plusieurs questions concernant le 1000d. Ce qui m'intéresse c'est le dual systèùe car j'aimerai monter un pc de gamer sous windaube sur l'ATX avec watercooling et un linux sur l'ITX. - Est-ce que je peux allumer les 2 système séparément ? - Quel système de refroidissment je peux utiliser sur l'ITX? ventirad classique, water cooling a circuit fermé ou autre chose ? - Enfin j'ai un Thermaltake Sync Controller TT Premium Edition qui marche out of the box avec les cartes mère Asus et Aura Sync. J'aimerai savoir si le software de corsaire avec le plugin d'Asus (https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035656371-Enable-Aura-Sync-control-for-your-Corsair-RGB-memory#h_f0794ea9-7c00-4524-b680-ef70bdddd343) sera capable de gérer les Thermaltake Riing Plus 12 ? Voilà merci pour vos réponses !
  8. So what do you get the 1000d that has everything? A complete rebuild and a little brother to fit inside. Here is the first build post on my 1000d for those following along. Where that post left us was a 1000d with 2x420mm radiators configuration. Today's mission. 1. Add an ITX system with a 240mm radiator mounted in the rear of the case. The ITX is an ASUS B450 motherboard, Ryzen 3 2200G with integrated Vega Graphics. XC7 Waterblock and XD3 Pump-Reservoir Combination. 16GB Dominator RAM. 500GB M.2. 1TB SATA SSD. 2. Split the main loop into GPU and CPU loops by adding a second XD5. 3. Upgrade the CPU to Ryzen 9 3900x. 4. Switch the top Radiator from 1x420mm to 2x360mm radiator. Add 6xLL120 fans on top of the fan tray and 6xQL1200 fans below the radiators. 5. Use QL fans where possible on the internals of the case. 6. Create iCue profile that shows temperature tell-tales and controls RGB from the main system, while providing monitoring of the ITX. Buckle up it's a fun ride. 1. ITX system Prepped the ITX board external to the system as expected. Fit the CPU block, radiator in the rear of the case with no issues. The trick was the XD3 pump. The pump is bigger than it appears in the product shots. This pump is a 120mm square. You also need to allow for spacing of fittings on the board. The other interesting thing with this configuration is I wanted to mount it vertically behind the ITX motherboard on the 1000d PSU Shroud. The pump stand really didn't allow for this configuration, but some 3m double sided tape took care of it for now. If I stay in this configuration (not changing to a GPU for the ITX) then I will make some mounting holes in the PSU shroud. The second trip is that I needed two temperature sensors. I needed one to connect to the CoPro I mounted in the rear for the ITX to manage two fans and pump RPM. The other is a temp sensor for the CoPro on the main system to provide a RGB telltale for how hot the ITX is getting. Here is a shot of the ITX installed with the XD3 Pump Connections. Mission 2 and 3 were combined. I switch out the CPU when I took down the system to add the ITX build in. No issues other than driver installation. I rerouted the CPU block to the front 420mm radiator using the right XD5 pump. Went in easily like the original pump with no issue. Tubing is fairly straightforward. There is one long run that I am not completely happy with, but it will do until I make another change. Mission 4 was all about the GPU. I wanted to cool my EVGA 2070 so I could get both additional cooling and increase the OC on the GPU. I ordered a custom 1000d tray from coldzero.eu. They have recently started making custom trays for the 1000d out of plexiglass material. For my configuration (because I need the rear radiator in the case for the ITX) I had them center cut a tray with spots for 6x120mm fans. I mounted 6xLL120 fans on top of the tray and 2x360mm radiators connected below the tray with 6xQL120 fans. I connected these radiators to the left XD5 pump. Here are pictures of the tray and the radiators installed on the tray with fans. Mission 5 QL Fancy Adding QLs to all the internal radiators did not take a whole of brain power. Add QL fans to the radiators, rinse and repeat. The trick is in the connections to iCue device which come later in the story. Here are picture of the end result though. Mission 6 iCue Control The iCue setup was interesting. I have a CoPro for the main system and one for the ITX. I wanted to ensure that the ITX would always be in control of its own pump. Which means it must have a temp sensor from the XD3 and PWM control. In addition the ITX system has RGB control of the rear two fans on the case side of the 240mm radiator. That way I have a visual indicator from the front of the case that the ITX system is powered on. Summary: iCue from the ITX controls RGB for memory and two fans as well as pump RPM based on a temperature probe. There is also a shutdown temp at 45c that will turn everything red for 10s and then shutdown the ITX system. iCue on the main system is a little more interesting. It controls RGB for the main system as well as RGB for the remaining components of the ITX system (CPU block and XD3 pump). To do this, I ran a second temp sensor from the XD3 to main CoPro. There is also an ambient temp sensor, the GPU loop sensor, and the main loop sensor. There is a temp monitor set on both CPU blocks and all three pumps. You can see it in the pictures as the green light. This is a visual indicator of the temperatures of each of the loops. It goes from green to yellow to red as the temperature increases in the specific loops it is set to from the temperature probe. The color monitor is the first layer in all the device profiles and the LEDs that are assigned to it are removed from the layers below the temp sensor layer. There is also a main system shutdown set should the loop temperature exceed 45c, just like the ITX system. Devices in the Main Loop iCue Temperature Notification Setup ITX Notification Setup Feel free to ask any questions. I can respond here, but I also live on the Corsair Case Owner Club discord in the link in my signature.
  9. So if you have been following along, in this post I added an ITX build to my 1000d. In my 680x post I mentioned some temperature concerns I had with it. Which led to my 680x. So that left me with an ITX hole in my 1000d build and a rethink on what I wanted in the build. My goals were to increase performance over what I had before, but add a little future proofing beyond the x470 chipset that was currently in it. I had an extra 420mm radiator that I used to run in the top of the build, but couldn't figure out how to get two, while still making use of the 2x360mm radiators I had from the last rebuild. Well a new concept was born in created in the Mad Scientist part of my brain. When I flipped the top tray in the 1000d, I had a little extra space vertically. What if I could stack the radiators? How to connect them though? It occured to me that the mounts on ML fans are open to access from the sides. With the right radiator screws, I could attach a radiator at the top and bottom with the right screws. Corsair gave me the correct screws in the pump accessory kits from the XD5 and XD3. Slightly longer radiator screws than the standard radiator to tray screws. With the extra length, a small screwdriver that had a 90 degree bend, and the Fanwich was born. 3xLL140 on top of the top tray, attached to a 420mm radiator with fittings to the aft of the case. 3xML140 fans in the middle (no need for RGB here). 420mm Radiator with connections forward, then finally 3xQL140mm fans. Build Part 3: Ryzen 9 3900x ASUS x570 Crosshair VIII Formula 64 GB Corsair Dominator 3466MHz 2xCrucial P1 1TB 1xSabrent 1TB Silverstone USB3.2 Internal Connection PCIe card 2xXD5 Pump 2xXR5 420mm Radiator 1xXR5 120mm Radiator 3xXR5 360mm Radiator 10xLL120 Fans 8xQL120 Fans 3xLL140MM Fans 3xML140mm Fans 3xQL140mm Fans 1 Phantek 550mm Neon Strip (with Pirate Dog Tech Corsair Adapter) 6x Corsair RGB Strips RTX 2070 with Waterblock 3xLighting Node Pros 1xLighting Core Pro NZXT Internal USB Hub 3xPWM Hubs The 120mm radiator was added to the CPU loop of 2x420mm radiators so that I would have decent connection points for the VRM watercooling access points on the ASUS motherboard. It was tricky to install it directly to the case because I kept hitting the hinge screws from the top hinge. I ended up replacing them with slightly shorter screws so that I could get the radiator installed high up in the back of the case to avoid blocking the motherboard OLED display. Getting the second fan under the radiator too some physical effort. Performance: CPU loop with 2x420mm and 1x120mm radiators operate within 2c of ambient at load at idle, less than 1c above ambient GPU Loop with 2x360mm radiators operates less than 2c above ambient and less than 4c above ambient at load. Significantly improved performance and no issues at all with temps on the Fanwich. Onto the pictures: The FANWICH [/url] Initial Front and Top Radiator Placement Final Radiator Placement and Loop Build Out Loop Filling Up and Running Fergus Approved
  10. Greetings to all of you, I would like to know if the 1000D supports Thick rads in front like the EK Xe series those 60mm thick radiators in a push-pull configuration. I want to mount two 480mm Xe 60 mm thick rads in front with fans mounted in front and back as I will be using two systems the main being with 4 GPUs and a demanding CPU and will overclocking a bit which will eventually lead to a huge heat output that needs to be dissipated therefore the PP configuration in the only solution to keep the system as silent as possible while being effective. Having in mind that, I will be using two pump-res combos too each one for a system at a time. So is it possible? 60mm thick radiators in a push-pull configuration with 2 pump res too?
  11. For those who followed my previous adventures of my 500d build you will remember my love of 140mm fans. I love big slow moving fans because they result in a really, really quiet system. I had maxed out how many 140mm fans I could get in my case with custom water cooling, so the only way to fit more fans was to supersize it. So I dialed it up to 11 and order the 1000d. Here is the parts list of what is in this build: Hydro X XC7 CPU Water Block Hydro X Series XD5 Pump/Reservoir Hydro X XG7 GPU Water Block 420mm Radiator 280mm Radiator 120mm Radiator 32GB (4x8) Corsair Vengence RAM Corsair HX850i PSU 16 Corsair RGB Strips Extra Corsair 1000d Front Fan 9 x Corsair LL140mm Fans 1 x Corsair LL120mm Fan 2 x Corsair ML140mm Fans 1 x Corsair ML120mm Fan AMD Ryzen 7 2700 EVGA 2070 XC Gaming Thermaltake TF-1 Temperature and Flow Sensor 1 Corsair Commander Pro 2 x Corsair Lighting Node Pro 2 PWM Fan Hubs 2 Corsair RGB Fan Hubs Misc cables from Pirate Dog Tech to make it all fit together Here is a picture of the how the 1000d looks when delivered. Bring your weight belt when you have to move this thing. Cat added for scale. :) Next up will be the build photos.
  12. Good Day to all! I am new here, so a quick rundown... I have built over a half dozen, as my wife calls them, Game Boys, In my life. Not many compare to most of you but quite a bit for me. I have never gone all in, just kept them simple and as powerful as I could. This will probably be my last build as I am over 60 now and won't have the $$$ to do this after retirement. So I am diving off the deep end and going for the something that will probably last me till I can't "Play" anymore! I am hoping you have the patience to help me through the trials I am sure to come up against. I have started to design the system and that is most of what I have in my specs. I will be ordering these parts at the end of the month, Black Friday/Cyber Monday and through to Christmas. Her's what the wish list has so far: 1000d Of course! ROG Crosshair VIII Hero(WiFi) 570 AMD 9-3950x (Should be out this Month) ROG Matrix Platinum(Doubt I will be able to get this but really want it) Second choice Zotac 2080 ti Amp Extreme then Aorus 2080 ti Xtreme! AX1200i PSU W/ Blue Corsair Cabling 32g of 3600 Dominator Platinum with Cooler. MP600 1tb OS drive MP600 1tb Data drive Now onto cooling... 2 ea 480mm corsair Radiators 16 LL120s Push/Pull up front 3 LL140 exhaust on top 2 LL120 intake in back 16mm Hard Line Acrylic tube 2 corsair Pump/Res. EKWB Mono Block for Hero Depending on Video card/ WB/Backplate Going with Fittings and Straight tubing rather than Bends. Add some SSD in Raid for Data/Backup. K70 Rapidfire KB Dual ROG PG278QR Monitors. I will post next some questions about the wiring for the Fans I have been trying to figure out. Back to work for me now. Thank you in advance for your Advice and Assistance! Look forward to this project! Paul
  13. Hi all, I like to share my Corsair 1000D build with you guys. I learned a lot from the kind folks on this forum. So I like to share my experience as well, since I ran in some trouble along the way. Note that it is still work in progress since currently I'm awaiting parts. For my main system I even have to wait until September/October. I bought the case in May 2019 when I saw a build being done on Paul's Hardware (youtube). I fell in love with it in an instance, since I really dig the glass and brushed alu. My previous case was a Phanteks Enthoo Primo, so the size of the Corsair didn't scare me that much. But I never really used the space of that case. But holly, the size of the box it came in was huge :eek: Initially I had no clue what to do with it, I wanted a water cooled system for a very long time and as this case being way oversized, I now definitly needed something to fill up all that space :-) Thanks to Zotty I knew what to do with the RGB lightning and how to connect all the stuff. So I ordered 8 ML120 pro's for the front, 3 ML140 pro's for the top, and a Corsair RGB LED Lightning PRO expansion kit. Although I'm not so sure where to put the LED strips yet. I think I'll use only three, bottom, top, and in the back of the case. Currently the only system that is in there to stay is a my FreeNAS consisting of: ASRock Gaming-ITX/ac AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Corsair 16GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 Corsair SF Series SF450 SSD PM961 128GB NVMe 2 3x WD Red 3TB My main workstation/gaming rig (which is old): Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER Intel Core i7-4790K, 4GHz Corsair 16GB Vengeance DDR3 1TB Samsung 950 pro Nvidia 2080 ti (recently added) I will replace this system with an AMD build in September/October when the 3950X 16-core comes out. What I will buy (I think): Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula (with EKWB waterblock integrated) AMD 3950X 16-core Corsair 32GB Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 Samsung NVMe SSD 970 Evo 1TB M.2 The memory I have already bought, since it seems the prices will start to climb again, so I got these cheap (I hope). Maybe the system is a bit overkill, but since my current system is 5 years old, I plan to use this for a long time as well. I mainly use the rig for gaming, but when working from home, I use it as a workstation. For the water cooling I have ordered: two EK-CoolStream PE 480 Radiator (front mounted) one EK-CoolStream SE 420 (top mounted) two EK-D5 PWM G2 pumps EK-ACF Black Nickel fittings/splitter/ball valves/extenders two Heatkiller Tube 200 D5 A Heatkiller RTX 2080 TI acryl Ni RGB GPU block A Heatkiller RTX 2080 TI backplate A Heatkiller IV Pro Copper Ni CPU block Since this will be my first custom water loop build I will start with soft tubing. I like the looks of hard tubing, but I'm not ready yet :confused: So maybe in a couple of years I will redo the loop in hard tubing. But I must say that I have seen plenty of soft tubing loops which are very nice. I will use clear liquid, so no pastels or color additions, and clear tubing. I will go for a dual loop, one for the CPU (top radiator) and one for the GPU two front radiators. So far I have mounted the radiators and the fans. but I'm waiting on the non EK parts which will arrive at Thuesday hopefully. Before mounting the radiators I had the fans hooked up and running on the Light Nodes with help of a Thermaltake 10-way PWM splitter. It looked really good when all fans are hooked up. Running the silent profile and it is really quiet. My 2080 ti and Noctua block are way more noissy. The biggest problem I have had so far was mounting the GPU vertically, I use a Phanteks 220mm premium shielded high speed PCI-E X16 riser cable b.t.w. I really think that Corsair could have tested this a bit more and use the ample space available a bit better to give it a bit more wiggle room. The first thing I ran into was the clearance you have available between a vertical mounted PCI card and the ITX system. I used the default AMD cooler, a Wraith Stealth. But this cooler, although not very large, just was about 2 cm's (or about an inch) too high. After some measurements the clearance seems to be about 35mm. So initially my thoughts where to have two CPU's in my CPU loop. But I instead decided to buy a Corsair H100i RGB platinum. After some Googling I found that it was about 32mm high (why Corsair, do you not mention this on your site :confused:, so it was a bit of a gamble buying the H100i. Well, now the clearance between riser cable/GPU and pump block was fine, but how the heck does a Corsair product not fit a Corsair product! What ever I tried, I could not for the live of me fit the radiator at the back. The PCI slots are just about 1mm to high. So the radiator just won't fit between the top rail for the tray and the PCI brackets. The way I have solved it now is putting the fans at the back so they provide enough to offset the radiator. But of coarse I wanted to have the fans on the inside since I now don't see the pretty RGB lights from those fans, and instead could have bought a non-RGB h100 :S Maybe I will come up with another way to mount the GPU vertically. I'm thinking on buying either a vertical mount GPU kit and with a dremel remove some material to redo the mount. I really want the GPU to be a bit more to the front any way. But that will be somewhere in September then when I put the new stuff in. Currently, I have the following list of things I would like to do: Create sleeved extensions for the fans (RBG and PWM) Reconnect all fans and RGB lightning Create sleeved ATX-24/8/4 pin power supply cables for both systems Create sleeved PCI-E 8 pin cables for the GPU Sleeve the front pannel cables. Maybe I will take out the front panel for this (any one know how to do this?) Sleeve my SATA data cables Install the CPU water cooling loop Install the GPU water cooling loop Maybe move the vertically mounted GPU a bit more to the front and thus redo the bracket system some how. Clean up the messy cable management, thank God for the French doors at the back and probably more as I go The sleeving I will do myself with MDPC-X sleeving and will be a combination of carbon-bti and blue-carbon sleeves since my main RGB color will be blue. Never done this before, so I'm the most woried about this part. But I really like to do this myself to have the correct lenghts and color combinations I want. I figure it is about or less expensive than buying them, and half the fun (frustration :-). This will all take me some time since I can only spend a few hours a week on this stuff due to work/kids/wife/etc. needing my attention as well (no I don't mind any of these :-). When I start sleeving the PSU cables I might replace my 6-year old Seasonic 850W PSU with a Corsair HXi850. This also allows me to keep the old system running while I make the sleeved cables and test them before connecting them to my system. I'll keep posting when I get more done. Some pictures as of what I got at the moment (open heart surgery here). Don't mind the kid's toys.