The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Solid State Drives (SSD)

Notices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Corsair Tech Mktg

POST ID # = 505193
Yellowbeard Reputation: 42
Send a message via AIM to Yellowbeard
Default Corsair Force 3 SSD Issues? READ ME FIRST PLEASE

USERS WITH ANY DRIVE BEGINNING WITH SERIAL # 1123 OR LATER THAT ARE HAVING ISSUES, READ THIS NEW THREAD FIRST LINKED HERE!

IF YOUR DRIVE BEGINS WITH SERIAL # 1123 or LATER, THIS THREAD DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU.

CORSAIR FORCE SERIES 3 UPDATE, JUNE 7, 2011

Over the past several days, we have analyzed issues associated with the stability of our recently released 120GB Force Series 3 SSD. Our review has identified that a significant percentage of these drive do not operate to specifications. The solution will require changes to both the SSD firmware and the hardware components of the SSD itself.

We have stopped shipments of the affected drive, Corsair part number CSSD-F120GB3-BK, effective immediately and have implemented the following remediation plan:

(1) ALL users should cease using the CSSD-F120GB3-BK drive immediately, even if you have not experienced issues of stability.

(2) Users may then either RETURN the drive to Corsair, at Corsair's expense, to be exchanged with a replacement drive that does meet specifications OR

(3) Return the drive to their place of purchase.

Corsair is committed to product quality and we want to assure our customers that this remediation plan will be implemented at no cost to you.

To return your Force Series 3 120GB SSD to Corsair, contact Corsair to ARRANGE YOUR REPLACEMENT . Corsair will pay for shipping your drive back to Corsair and will replace your drive free of charge. Estimated turnaround time is ten business days.

NOTE: CSSD-F60GB3-BK, CSSD-F240GB3-BK, and Force GT are NOT affected by this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
We are working on the shipping issue. Please give us a bit of time and we'll have it sorted. What we will be doing is shipping a shipper to the address you submit on your RMA form. This should be sent out to you withing 24 hours of submission.

Currently, there is no notification on the RMA page of this. However, internally, we are making it happen for Force 3 users. Sorry for any confusion.
UPDATED INFORMATION FOR RMA APPROVAL AND SHIPPING

1. Keep your bracket from your current drive. The replacement drives will all be new retail units with a bracket so, you'll have an extra bracket. You will NOT receive the same drive in return. Please back up any critical data on your drive if this applies to you.

2. RMAs are set to be approved typically within 1 business day. So, if you submit at 12:00pm on a Monday, we strive to approve by 12:00pm on Tuesday. However, we are working diligently to reduce that time for Force 3 customers to minimize your inconvenience and down time.

3. Once your RMA is approved, we will review it within 24 hours and dispatch a shipping label to the email address you gave in your TSX/RMA case. So, you have a window of 24 to 48 hours for the complete process. Again, we are working very hard to avoid it taking that long for Force 3 customers.

If you do not have a shipping label in your email box after a full 48 hours, or within 24 hours of your RMA being approved (approved, not submitted) then please contact us using the information in your TSX case.

If you have individual concerns relating to your RMA such as shipping concerns, advanced replacement, shipping times, etc please do NOT post them here. It is impossible to properly address your concerns in a general forum thread. You will need to do 1 of 2 things.

1. Call us. 1-http://www.corsair.com/en-us/company/contact.
2. Post your questions in your TSX case and we'll work with you there.

UPDATED SHIPPING AND RMA PROCESSING INFORMATION - JUNE 10, 2011

• Any customer in a remote location or with an APO address should call customer service directly, http://www.corsair.com/en-us/company/contact or http://www.corsair.com/en-us/company/contact to arrange their RMA. If the customer is unable to make a UPS drop off then we will reimburse them for their return freight based on the shipper invoice.
• Due to the volume of requests we are asking for 24-48 hours processing time to issue the prepaid shipping labels. The customer will receive the label via e-mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
The invoice is (1) page total. The customer needs to attach (3) copies of this invoice along with the shipping label. In total, there will be (4) total documents. (3) invoice copies and (1) shipping label.
Users have asked about how they will know if they are getting a drive with the fix implemented. You can tell by looking at the first four numbers above the product part number on the UPC sticker. Anything with 1122 or lower needs to be returned. Anything with 1123 or above is good new product. ONLY the printed label on the drive applies to this issue. The digital serial number has NOTHING to do with this issue and the digital serial number is not intended to match the serial number on the label.

Make friends on Facebook: XMSYELLOWBEARD

Last edited by Yellowbeard; 06-29-2011 at 12:46 PM.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-01-2011, 06:13 PM
bwentzel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 505195
bwentzel Reputation: 10

Kudo's for being forthright on the issue and your commitment to keep us informed.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:28 PM
jakobrosenberg's PC Specs

POST ID # = 505200
jakobrosenberg Reputation: 10

Thank you very much for your dedication to these problems. I've been a strong advocate of Corsair products and will remain so thanks to the swift customer care.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:30 PM
dunnski007's PC Specs

POST ID # = 505202
dunnski007 Reputation: 10

Glad to know this is being looked into. Waiting to see what happens.. Hopefully a quick firmware update.. I'm sure you don't want RMAs coming in as much as we wouldn't want to do that ourselves :P

Old 06-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Tellus's PC Specs

POST ID # = 505208
Tellus Reputation: 10

Nice to see it's being handled, hope it goes well for you to find the cause of this and that we may have a solution soon, meanwhile i can inform that i have disabled LPM & SMART and that seems to have calmed down the frequency of errors, hard to tell for now due to the nature of the errors though.

Edit: Oh the timing, just as i had posted this i got the hang & BSOD, seems this did little to help then

Last edited by Tellus; 06-01-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:52 PM
charismo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 505211
charismo Reputation: 10

Thanks - please keep us informed. I don't want to have to take it back and swap :(.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Zerosaku's PC Specs

POST ID # = 505223
Zerosaku Reputation: 10

waiting! i have 2 force 3 ssd's. One used bsoding and one not yet open.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=95674

!! please update.. i don't want to swap this ssd, they are pure win if the bsod just stops!

and... after posting this.. bsod!

Last edited by Zerosaku; 06-01-2011 at 09:39 PM.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:54 PM
doot's PC Specs

POST ID # = 505239
doot Reputation: 10

Same issue here, except I haven't experienced a BSOD yet. Just installed this afternoon, but am having the problem with the drive not being detected.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:45 AM

POST ID # = 505251
Lukeh Reputation: 10

Any luck so far? Should I get my money back?

Old 06-02-2011, 05:22 AM
charismo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 505255

no luck so far. they are sitting in my PC doing nothing right now.

I'm not sure I plan to take them back (yet)... the reviews are pretty awesome and I'm not sure I like OCZ that much.

Old 06-02-2011, 05:30 AM
tette's PC Specs

POST ID # = 505256
tette Reputation: 10

I am having spontaneous reboots and drive not showing up every time in bios. really frustrating... what can we do to help corsair fixing this?

Old 06-02-2011, 05:34 AM
phillyman36's PC Specs

POST ID # = 505257
phillyman36 Reputation: 10

Hey quick question for those having issues with their Force 3 are you all using them in raid? I was thinking about getting a 240 F3 but i would not have it in raid.

Old 06-02-2011, 05:36 AM
charismo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 505258

Phillyman its irrespective of RAID or not..

they drop out when I'm using AHCI mode with no raid setup as well.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Tellus's PC Specs

POST ID # = 505279
Tellus Reputation: 10

Well another company that produces drives identical to the corsair force 3 has the exact same issues with their's on Intel based systems, especially P67/Z68 systems. They blame their users and sandforce and no real solution has been offered by them either. I hope it can be solved but after reading up on this a bit more it does not look very promising.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:03 AM
jakobrosenberg's PC Specs

POST ID # = 505283
jakobrosenberg Reputation: 10

Do you have some links or a name on these identical drives?

Closed Thread