Corsair Community

CMD8GX3M4A1600C8 cannot run 1600(XMP)

Distress

Motherboard is Gigabyte P55A-UD4P running latest BIOS with i860 - ram runs at default speed of 1333 no issues. Setting memory profile to XMP to get the rated speed (1600) makes computer freeze within 30 min.

Did a memtest for almost 12 hours on XMP setting without any errors. Yet Prime95 freezes on blend test roughly an hour into it.

Computer is running at stock speeds - all that's being changed is ram being set to rated speed. Checked voltage when ram is set to XMP and it reports 1.65 - setting it manually doesn't help either.

I'm having exactly the same problem with CMD4GX3M2A1600C8.

I have Asus P7P55D Pro with latest bios and i860.

So far i did try everything you guys recommended here in the forums but nothing helped me.

Some times also freeze at 1333 in windows and the only difference is that it is just very rare.

I did try to change settings manually but still freeze.

I also razed IMC to 1.4-1.45 and still same freeze.

I also was able to find another PSU and test but the result was the same.

So now after 3 weeks of testing back and forth basically i do not have working PC and i don't know what to do.

I did bit more extensive testing, out of 4 stick of ram I have (testing one by one) - 2 hang system on Windows load or within 10 seconds of getting into Windows, other 2 hold up about an hour before failing from Prime95 blend test. Then the 2 that hold up individually hold up about same time when paired. End result is inability to hold 1600 (XMP) in any scenario.

It's bit worrying seeing more people with identical issues to be honest. I don't want to jump to conclusions but would be great to hear some official input.

Taking RMA route seams logical at this time just don't want same problem resurfacing on the new kit.

• 2 weeks later...

Have anyone found solution to this problem?

It happens to me exactly the same.

I have the kit CMD8GX3M4A1600C8 with an Asus Maximus Formula III @ i7 860, Using X.M.P. without changing anything else, the computer locks. Already changed the

IMC and DDR Voltage, and nothing!

AUTO values run @ 1333 fine.

Just to give you a feed back, I also have problems with these rams (but the 4GB version) on a Gigabyte P55 mobo.

Running at 1600 Mhz (XMP)means instant BSOD at boot.

Running at 1333 Mhz (SPD)means booting fine into Windows, but Prime95 blend test will fail in just few minutes.

Running at 1066 Mhz (SPD)runs fine.

The strange thing is that Memtest86+ can't find any error at any speed. I tried running it for 9 hours fine at 1600 Mhz, but trying to boot Windows gives immediatly a BSOD.

A friend borrowed me his DDR3 ram (different brand) and runs fine up to 1800 Mhz, so I don't think is a problem of a faulty IMC or motherboard

This is my experience if this can help you somehow, maybe some p55 motherboards have some problems with these RAMs, I'm still hoping for a BIOS update that will solve the problem.

I already informed gigabyte of the problem

I still can't get my CMD4GX3M2A1600C8 to work stable at 1600Mhz.

Not to mention that my pc freeze randomly every 2 days at 1333Mhz as well .

I have random freezes when I'm gaming or just browsing etc .

As i said before i tested with different PSU and already have the latest bios for my MB which is Asus P7P55D Pro

I did try to set settings manually and raise IMC but this didn't help me to.

I ran Memtest86+ V4.00 with one module at a time and didn't get any errors.

However i noticed that with XMP enable one of the modules freeze after 30 min gaming but the other one is working without problems for 5 days which for me indicates that maybe this is memory issue.

So maybe its time to request RMA ?

FOR ANYONE POSTING IN THIS THREAD

Please post CPU-Z screen shots of your SPD tabs.

There are at least 4 different MOBO + RAM combinations listed in this thread and it is extremely difficult to help any 1 person. People that do not have the EXACT same hardware as the original poster, please start your own thread.

I'm having exactly the same problem with CMD4GX3M2A1600C8.

I have Asus P7P55D Pro with latest bios and i860.

So far i did try everything you guys recommended here in the forums but nothing helped me.

Some times also freeze at 1333 in windows and the only difference is that it is just very rare.

I did try to change settings manually but still freeze.

I also razed IMC to 1.4-1.45 and still same freeze.

I also was able to find another PSU and test but the result was the same.

So now after 3 weeks of testing back and forth basically i do not have working PC and i don't know what to do.

you find a solution?

I sent today to my kit to RMA, I hope to receive soon the memories,

this time without problems.

Now i have some memories temporarily OEM 2x1GB DDR3

1333mhz 8-8-8-24, in BIOS i select Memory Level Up to: 1600MHz, and works without problem with 9-9-9-24 1T timings. (by bios defaults)

If they do this, these corsair should do much more, I hope!

• 2 weeks later...

hello ,

i had problems with xms3 1600 kit, although i was trying to run 8gig two 4gig paks which if bought at the same time theres a good chance the kits have the same ic's so should work ok , anyway cut long story short try this :

(this worked with the Asus 7p755d motherboard)

set xmp in bios

change IMC voltage to 1.2500volts

i would think setting a 1.45volt for imc is way to high if its the i3/i5/i7 range cpu's and probs would lead to problems

it worked for 2 packs of 4gigs ddr3 1600 xms3 the xmp default was 1.115volt for imc, it might help with your satbility problems as it helped keep 8gig stable.

Archived