Corsair Community

CM3X2G1333C9 at 1.8V

kterz

I recently purchased and installed in my motherboard (should be shown in my system specs) 2 bundles of TW 3X 4G1333C9A (part number as reported CM3X2G1333C9) and now I have 8GB of memory.

Interestingly, even though the memory modules were clearly marked as having timings of 9-9-9-24 1.5v, CPU-z mentioned reports that the timings should be 9-10-10-25.

At first I tried what CPU-z SPD reported (9-10-10-25, 1.5V, at 1333Mhz), but mem-test would not complete. I tried various other combinations and the only way I could tune my BIOS settings so that MemTest would not give me any errors was by setting DDRAM voltage to 1.84 (and the readings in Gigabyte's EasyTune is 1.808V). And this with the "labeled" timings of 9-9-9-24-2T -1333Mhz

Is this voltage dangerously high for these modules (and/or mobo)? I don't want to overclock my system. Just to run stabely by specs. Any other suggestions about a safe timings, voltage combination?

They're warrantied up to 2.0v, so you're fine.

Why did you get two 4 GB packs that aren't tested or guaranteed together instead of one 8 GB pack (CMX8GX3M4A1333C9)?

OK, thanks for this info. The 8 GB pack was not available at the store at the time of purchase and I've been in a little hurry to upgrade this particular system.

Is the discrepancy between the labeled timings (9-9-9-24) and what CPU-Z SPD reports (9-10-10-25) of no concern?

Archived