Corsair Community

CM3X2G1600C7D timings on EX58-UD5

Chickenfeed

I have a question regarding the tRas timing on these modules. The XMP profile reports 7-7-7-20 timings yet for some reason windows is reporting the tRas running at 23 ( I have 7-7-7-20 manually keyed into the BIOS ) I've played around with the Performance profile options that gigabyte have but they don't seem to effect any timings of the ram itself (just the chipset) I am running a single 3x2 kit.

I am currently running at 1.66 vdimm, 1.355 QPI vtt and 1.3 vcore at 19x200 with the QPI at 3.6GHz (36x multi / 7.2GTs). Changing any of the clock speeds doesn't have any effect on anything ( reports 23 tRas at any settings )

The ram itself is working perfectly fine performance and stability wise I just wanted clarification on the tRas timing and if this is normal.

Here is a image of the info reported in windows.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/5118/ram77723.th.jpg

Let me know if you require any more information ( BIOS settings ect ) Appreciate your feedback.

To follow up, this issue appears to be an issue with the BIOS. It more than likely will be something that will be fixed in future BIOS revisions. For the benefit of others I did find this kit won't run CR1 at auto settings on the UD5 ( the XMP profile sets the CR setting to 2 for memory channels b and c ) If you manually key in the CR setting for b and c, it will run correctly at 1T shaving off some latency.

That is why I included the everest info as well. For reference sake, CPUZ reports 7-7-7-23. I contacted Gigabyte about this and they are going to look into it but does appear to be an issue with the BIOS and not the dimms themselves so all is well.

I will mention however if I manually key in the timings ( which the XMP profile reports at 7-7-7-20 as it should ) the machine won't boot. If I leave them be, it boots fine. Again I'm still thinking it to be BIOS related. I spoke with one of your technicians last week and that is the conclusion we came to.

Archived