The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > General HoH Stuff > General Questions

Old 10-06-2006, 11:19 AM

POST ID # = 264438
c_fun Reputation: 10
Default I have the same EXACT issue - EXACTLY

Hi I wanted to share that i have the same exact issue , i am runing with E6600, +P5B Deluxe, and i have exactly the same experience with this set as you described in details.
i am using hte latest Asus bios 0711 dated 09/29/2006
CPUZ reports 5-5-5-18 (and the odd thing is when u change SPD in bios to disable i would assume it would default to whatever was set at the SPD, but it shows something difrent).

I have a feeling this might be Bios related issue, that were not able to achive the same stabily in setting things manually which should be identical to the SPD ones.

I hope Corsair+Asus can check this thing further as this combination of montherboard+ram pair is VERY popular.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 264513
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

This module will have its SPD set to JEDEC defined valuse for the specific IC we used to make the modules and the tested settings would need to be manually set. But some have reported that if they set the settings manually even to more relaxed they get errors and then only way is to leave it set to By SPD with this MB.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:46 AM

POST ID # = 264561
Default we Need Corsair to work with Asus on this.

I totally agree with what u said,
Now when someone sets the settings manually to be the same as the SPD ones we get errors, basically that shouldn’t happen as we changed nothing
But obviously something is different, that is why I think it is a bios incompatibility issues that might be worked out if Corsair and Asus join in to work this pair together, as again this is a very popular pair.

I’m thinking that maybe other settings which may be hidden or not accessible to the user are being set to some sort of a default state when SPD is switched to Manual, and we as user get the feeling we set things the same as SPD but in fact there are other parameters that have changed and we are not aware of which are different from the WHOLE SET of the SPD settings.

This would be a great help and relief to users who use this combination if Corsair support would be in touch with Asus support and resolve the manual setting issue for us it will unlock the full potential of these memory and avoid allot of stability issues..

Also remember that users may have set things manually but haven’t really bothered to check with Memtest or Prime/Orthos, and will have an unstable system unknowingly.

Please help us here.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:54 AM

POST ID # = 264563
Default suggestion for debuging

I just thought of something that might be helpful in debugging the issue.
I may lack the tools but hopefully corsair with Asus can do it together.
if there could be a way to take a snapshot of the north bridge (Memory controller inside) registers when bios is set to defaults, and then take another snapshots of the whole registers array after setting things to MANUAL and setting the exact same setting as we know them = same as SPD.

Then compare the 2 array of registers and look for differences that shouldn’t be there, especially those related to the memory controller.
Just a thought...hope it may be of some help.

I’m looking forward to hearing some encouraging news.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:53 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 264720
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

I would check with ASUS for the next Bios release, I am sorry but ASUS will need to address the issue with a Bios if that is indeed what is going on.