Corsair Community

TX650M Clicking Noise

Daniele

sorry for my english, I'm Italian and I'm using google translator ...

a few days ago I bought this power supply and when the fan is stopped makes a loud noise like a vibration (feels even remotely close to houses).

The shop I replaced it with a new one, but this also makes the same noise, in fact it feels more.

How can I do to fix this?

sorry for my english, I'm Italian and I'm using google translator ...

a few days ago I bought this power supply and when the fan is stopped makes a loud noise like a vibration (feels even remotely close to houses).

The shop I replaced it with a new one, but this also makes the same noise, in fact it feels more.

How can I do to fix this?

Does it sound like this by any chance?

[ame=

]
[/ame]

• 3 years later...

After some on line investigation I've found the issue is the fan. Corsair did not use a proper fan designed for the fan controller. Replacing the fan with a fan designed to run at lower rpm speeds fixed the clicking noises, I now have a power supply that is quiet and I can use. I tried using the fan that I removed from the power supply as a case fan, because it still works, but it is so loud I can't even use it as that either. It screams at 12v, 7v, and even at 5v so it is totally useless

If you have one of these noisy TX650 psu's...replace the fan even if it's not actually the fan itself but because of the design of the fan controller that is mis-matched with the fan that corsair installed

• 1 month later...

Archived