Corsair Community

New H80i - H80i Temp 1 question

Sup3rFly

Hi guys,

Just installed the H80i, and everything seems fine, PCU idles between 28 and 30 degrees. But inside the CorsairLink H80i Temp 1 flickers between 122.8 degrees and 0 degrees...any ideas why this is?

I left CorsairLink open for 30mins and came back and it was reading 40 Degrees last night but flickers a lot.

My setup is a NZXT which has a top mount PSU to the pump acts as an exhaust.

As you can see its sitting on 0.0 now, im not quick enough to capture it on 122.8.

http://i35.tinypic.com/e69kwi.png

NO way the pump can be over 175 degrees and the processor be a little over 80-85...(fahenheight) yes your temp is fine according to the processor but the reading it is getting from the pump is wrong... Your pump should NEVER be above around 100 degrees (fahenheight) at max make it more clear 174 degrees is 80C 85 degrees is ABOUT 30C and 100 degrees is a little under 40C... Sorry I'm making this confusing...it's not getting the reading from the h80i

NO way the pump can be over 175 degrees and the processor be a little over 80-85...(fahenheight) yes your temp is fine according to the processor but the reading it is getting from the pump is wrong... Your pump should NEVER be above around 100 degrees (fahenheight) at max make it more clear 174 degrees is 80C 85 degrees is ABOUT 30C and 100 degrees is a little under 40C... Sorry I'm making this confusing...it's not getting the reading from the h80i

Hi Bryman,

Its fine I understood what you meant, so why would the pump be reading 85C ?

I felt the pump and there is no way its that hot or even close...

Suggestions?

Update - So i unistalled the program made sure all my profiles were gone and now H80i Temp 1 wont even show.

http://i38.tinypic.com/synmhd.png

Do i upgrade the firmware on the device? Read in a few places that's a no no?

So after a restart its appeared again, but showing 95C ?

Update 2 - I felt the pump and its a warmish feel, tubes are cold and radiator is cool...

http://i35.tinypic.com/34rx4ys.png

Update 3 - Randomly checked the temp and showed the below - but watching it now its slowly climbing back up...but temp inside cases hasnt changed or anything...

http://i38.tinypic.com/6ibhhl.png

Really hope someone has some ideas.

if the pump temp is 95C the tubes should burn you they shouldnt just feel 'warm' 95C is 194 degrees if im correct...

as for fan speeds they look fine also idle temps look perfectly fine on the i5...as long as its below around 40C in a normal room temp room your fine...

39.2C cant be right the H80i temp should ALWAYS be lower than the core temp...had you just been running some games or something within 5 minutes of checking it?

if the pump temp is 95C the tubes should burn you they shouldnt just feel 'warm' 95C is 194 degrees if im correct...

as for fan speeds they look fine also idle temps look perfectly fine on the i5...as long as its below around 40C in a normal room temp room your fine...

39.2C cant be right the H80i temp should ALWAYS be lower than the core temp...had you just been running some games or something within 5 minutes of checking it?

Hey Bryman,

Thanks for the reply, appreaciate it!

My thoughts are the same as yours, if its reading so high shouldnt i be burnt/not be able to touch the unit and not just feel a cool-warm feel.

The CPU reached 55C ish.. while playing games, but after finsihing it quickly drops to 32C - the pump at the time was reading 0.0 - that picture was taken before any games or anything...just idle.

Do we assume faulty sensor?

if it was the way the pump was sitting on the CPU i would have thought the CPU would be reading high as well.

Regards,

Aaron

Hi bryman,

If the pump was 95C, the CPU should be the same or higher, doesn't make sense for the figures to be the way they are.

Being in Australia it's really hard calling the support line and the online chat always says offline.

The supplier has agreed to replace the unit after testing it themselves, but they would like some sort of email or statement from Corsair saying that it is a fault and they would replace the unit.

RAM GUY - Could you look at my support ticket if you had a chance? 6007669

Archived