Corsair Community

CML16GX3M4X1600C8 Problem

spera

Hello i have CML16GX3M4X1600C8 with Gigabyte Z77x Ud5h

and the problem is if i use the memory with standart spd 1333mhz cl9 the memory runs fine but if active XMP the pc freze shutdown and have problems in windows i set VTT 1.12v but the problem continues, if i set ram with 1600mhz the pc crash too, this memory CML16GX3M4X1600C8 are compatible with this motherboard? if the problem is the motherboard i can change for MSI Z77 GD65

this mother can run xmp thanks sorry for mi english iam spanish:D:

Also probed with the Z77 GD65 motherboard friend´s, and happens the same thay my z77x ud5h, the sistems freeze with XMP selected and 1600 mhz manual select,if i use 1333mhz runs normaly,

Rma Ram? z77 incompatibility¿?¿

Recommend to test each stick individually in the primary DIMM slot. Update the BIOS to the newest version if one is available. Rather than X.M.P., try setting them up manually to 1600 frequency, Command Rate 2, timings 9 9 9 24, and the DRAM V. to 1.55-1.575v's range & see if that works.

As peanutz already mentioned, your actual RAM voltage may be quite a bit below the 1,5V. Unless you can measure it with a DMM, you will never know. I know from two of my boards that the real voltage was around 1,485 when the BIOS setting was at 1,5V. JEDEC standard makes allowance for a 5% deviation, meaning anything up to 1,575 is within tolerance. The Intel specifications allow up to 1,65V. If your MB is undervolting as most do, then 1,6V is still within all safe limits.

Recommend you also advise Gigabyte about your findings. It may assist them investigating your particular problems and potentially release a beta or revised BIOS.

What happens if you just load setup defaults and enable XMP?

with Xmp or manually 1600 Freeze the computer proved in 3 motherboards

my botherboard Gigabyte z77x ud5h

Friends motherboard msi z77 gd65

Other friend motherboard Asus Z77 maximus v formula

in the 3 if i set the memory 1333 runs stable

the friend of Asus have ***** ripjaws z 1600 cl7 and run good with XMP

¿?¿? my ram are incompatibility with z77? only socket 2011?

Leave IMC alone for now. I would just set the DIMM voltage to 1.6v as they may get you stable. Most Mb tend to undervolt the memory anyway.

with the memory set with 1..55v manually never drops the voltage are pretty solid not necessary go to 1.6v anyway freeze in 1.6v too unlees if i put 1.6v the ram can be 2 or 3 hour to freeze but if i put xmp freeze in windows logon.

intel ivy max is 1.5v i dont buy 1.65v ram because is overvoltage the cpu and broke the cpu:confused::confused::confused::confused: i suposed:confused::confused:

As zsde has stated, 1.575v's is within recognized voltage standards for Ivy. 1.65v's is recognized as the absolute upper limit that should be applied. I doubt your CPU has been damaged or degraded in anyway by setting 1.60v's.

Every mainboard & system is different, but I have found great overall success setting I/O to 1.07v's & SA to 0.970v's.

That would suggest it is not the memory, if you have a failing module they will fail at any frequency. But we can try and replace them and go from there.

Finally i use ****** Ripjaws Z 1600 cl7 1.5v and run fine,,and try this corsair in other motherboard asus z77 pro and only fail in 1600mhz and xmp, strange. Rma with the shop next week i have new corsair and i post the conclusion thanks a lot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I take my previous post, to comment on the case of a new computer that I mount to my brother, because I liked the board and buy one exactly like another i5 3570k performance both giving me, for now has not graphics card and ssd , the fact is that i buy this ram CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8R, because my others corsairs ram runs good.

I put it on xmp in the bios and I put the ram voltage 1.5v vtt but puts me impressive 1.20 V, (Intel max recomended 1.05V)

I have it on manual to 1.05V, it is normal for me to wear xmp vtt voltage so exaggerated?

by now perfect without errors in placing the voltage manually but just in case

Thanks happy holidays

I put it on xmp in the bios and I put the ram voltage 1.5v vtt but puts me impressive 1.20 V, (Intel max recomended 1.05V)

Thats normal. Intels max is 1.25v vtt v (memory controller) for your CPU. But if you are stable at a lower vtt , then all is good! Lowest possible voltage is better.

• 1 year later...
after so long, my brother's computer with memory CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8R have problems now , I updated the specifications of the parts tha he has got-> on my profile so you can see what he has, has the same motherboard than I Gigabyte Z77X UD5H, yesterday he has a freezing in battlefield 3 and tried to run linx but it fails, it said: linx stopped upon error,after we try memtest and one of the modules fails, it can damage something by putting a lower voltage? thought this put the vtt to 1.20v but I think that's only sandy bridge, ivy bridge comunity say It cant have more than 1.05V(the cpu in future die) which is what makes me default the motherboard. I must have an RMA? or this thing have a solution?,thanks,sorry for my english

Archived