Corsair Community

AX1200 w/3x EPS 8pin

knopflerbruce

I'm planning on running an AX1200 on a 4P SuperMicro server board. The "issue" is that the board needs 3x EPS 8pin connectors plugged into it. I've been thinking about grabbing some molex to eps or pcie to eps adapters, but I'd feel alot safer if I could just grab a cheap, open box ax1200 cable kit I found in a shop locally and use a third 8pin eps from that kit. However, is that even possible on the AX1200? Not sure if the 2x 8pin EPS connectors that are plugged into the PSU are any different than the PCIE connectors that way.

Understand my question? :)

I mean if it's possible to buy another set of cables and use 3x EPS 8pin (NOT pcie 8 pin, EPS 8pin is the regular one for the CPU power connectors these days.) on this unit. Could be that it only supports two EPS 8pin, which is what I'm hoping someone can tell me for sure :)

It's for a dedicated CPU folding rig. I'll probably use the onboard matrox GPU, or a fanless low profile video card. No pcie 6/8pin connectors will be used. All I need is a molex cable, a sata cable, 24pin and 3x EPS 8pin connected. If the PSU is compatible with running 3 8pin EPS connectors (all designed for AX1200), then there is no issue at all.

Isn't it possible to look up some sort of detailed specs to check if this is possible?

Archived