Corsair Community

H50 Liquid Cooler LEAK

***** i don't have words to describe what i am feeling right now. 3 days ago my PC started restarting mysteriously and screen was not powering up at boot time, today when i wake up i discovered my PC was halted and was not booting up correctly, then i supposed this problems came from high temperature because i live in spain and in summers PCs overheat a lot if dont have a proper cooler, well, i disassembled the case to check coolers and clean my pc from dust (i use to do this every 6 months). Well the sad part comes when i discover that my GPU was wet and the H50 cooler was leaking a white-transparent liquid.

So now i have no computer to work with because i trusted on the products from this company, It can't believe this could be possible for a product of this type, how is this possible, why the cooler is not made of 1 piece without the possibility of leaks? Are you real engineers? In my old computer i had a liquid cooler too but i made myself, guess what, NEVER had a leak (more than years of use). Now i dont have money to buy new hardware, HOPE corsair resolves this problem for me as soon as possible. I need to work, i am broke now more than ever.

TLDR i know, and sorry for bad words but i think people should understand my position, now i only have a netbook, can't work with it.

Now what has corsair to say about my problem?

PD: I already sent a RMA request, but i don't want replace with same fail product and i need compensation for the looses too. :mad:

Bought in 2010. Now i just want cry, at least my HDD and CPU seems fine.

you need to take pics of everything, very important. you can post them here or with the RMA form once its approved. your best bet is to CALL customer service in a few hours, use SKYPE if you have to. if you calmly explain the situation im sure they will help you out as they have done for others in your situation.

Thanks for your reply, I'm more calm now after i read another people problem like mine and it was resolved perfectly. Anyways it was not much liquid which was leaked, maybe there is not motherboard damage and i can recover it, i cleaned it and will try to plug it on again later in the night to see if it's working or not. I took a pic with my phone, hope it is enough, attached.

I will call too, maybe there is a number within Spain? Or i will use Skype better.

:[pouts:

262201675_2012-08-2914_14_16.thumb.jpg.f103496cae8ce94787af2b203db4192e.jpg

Hello Wired,

Obviously picture was taken after issue occured and cleaned/wiped the liquid and dust, used a bit of alcohol 96 and cotton.

I sent inquiry yesterday to RMA support using this link http://www.corsair.com/en/support/technicalsupport/ but didn't get any response yet.

Finally tested computer again without using the H50 cooler and everything seems fine except my ATI Radeon HD5750 is now dead and PCI-E1 slot seems a bit malformed like enlarged so maybe my mobo has problem too i can't test with other GPU to check :S

I want to call today, which number is the correct one?

Removed per forum Rules

Or is there a skype username where i can write i prefer write than speak, english is not my main language.

Thanks in advance

Customer Support Express sent me a ticket that they are supposed to send me a damage claim but didn't receive anything yet, I requested the shop proof of purchase because i lost mine, i also have original box etc... Ready to send, I'm waiting for reply/instructions please help me quickly.

Thanks in advance

• Corsair Employee
Please check your spam folder as that is where emails like this end up most of the time but if you don't see the claim form please call our customer service by phone and I am sure they will get it taken care of, or let me know the RMA# and I will have one sent to you ASAP.

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry but no PM's are not able to accept an attachment and I have PM's shut off unless you are a MOD on the forum. Are you checking in the Junk folder? You might try and search for RAMGUY

And I just re-sent it to you again.

Got the emails delayed yesterday night, filled the damage claim and sent few mins ago.

I can only get this as compensation for the non corsair products:

Motherboard - $100

CPU - $200

Video Card - $150

The problem is that I paid more than that, just hope i can find same hardware for that prices. I don't want money i just want my computer back working as i had before, fingers crossed.

Will update when i get a solution to my problem. Thanks for support

Got the emails delayed yesterday night, filled the damage claim and sent few mins ago.

I can only get this as compensation for the non corsair products:

Motherboard - $100

CPU - $200

Video Card - $150

The problem is that I paid more than that, just hope i can find same hardware for that prices. I don't want money i just want my computer back working as i had before, fingers crossed.

Will update when i get a solution to my problem. Thanks for support

I'm on the same boat as you - My MB was around 200 retail and Graphics Card was 300ish. Based on the various other responses from people, Corsair is known to make it right, one way or another. I think another guy got merchandise from Corsair that was acceptable for him.

Hopefully everything works out.

5 Days since i filled damage claim form, nothing yet...

Please take a look at my case ASAP, I'm getting anxiety, I need my PC to work.

You would need to talk to Corsair's customer service about this. Only their tech support monitors the forum.

• 4 weeks later...

Damn, after all this time and sent my parts to them they said me Out of warranty.

What a fckng shiet really...

They replaced me the broken H50 for a new H60 but that's not fine for me. Well at least I'm getting a new cooler but i swear, not nice for a fail product to just give 2 years warranty.

I think i will sell it, I don't want the cooler ruin my computer again, and I can't recommend anyone buying any liquid cooler from this company, it will fail after out of warranty, what a nice joke.

PS.: I'd never come to RMA if i had money to afford a new build but not this time. All people who have a corsair cooler running in his box and want save his money, time and health, throw it by the window after warranty complete if you don't want to suffer same problem as me.

Archived