Corsair Community

RMA to online store

REMA1

Don't know if you can answer this BUT is the fact that I get white-noise when I record my voice (the white-noise decreases when I touch my PC case

NOTE----- this is the same on two PC's and a Laptop one with vista 64, one with win 7 64, and one with win 7 32 bit)

cause to be able to return my two pairs of HS1 to the on-line store....thought we'd get some new drivers but appears not ...

OR will they just saý it's a software problem ...can't help cause I'm dissapointed with this mic now and I want to get something that works ASAP ?

any thoughts

Thanks

Sorry to say Ram Guy that disabling the onboard on this PC didn't work..same results....Can't believe that all 3 únits are badly earthed...we are moving next week to a new apartment so I'll both the headsets there.

These Pc's/laptop are all plugged into three seperate outlets.

Do you think that when they release the Vengeance 1500 drivers that they may also release an update for the HS1?

I was hoping that the new headsets...(as you say look very similar spec'd) would have drivers to try and address the mic issues that might be compatable with the HS1's

The headsets are comfy enough otherwise..and the 7.1 sound though not mind blowing for me is ok.

But why the mic is such a problem I don't know...

>There may be hope as another manufacturer after a very long time DID realease new drivers to adress their customers issues.

I bought these as apposed to theirs as I thought they'd abandoned their customer's which is why I bought Corsair knowing of a few issues but thinking that they'd be fixed....

Maybe their is still hope?

I'd hate to send these back to the supplier or just put them in a draw (the big Green one that's kept outside ;-) ) just to find that the drivers for the 1500's are released as drivers suite that will also work with the HS1. (that's what the other company did...release a suite of drivers that covered various products and fixed the problems that people had been having with their headsets)

hello ..yes the issue is the mic ..

I have tried with my second pair of HS1's on this machine (onboard sound is enabled again ) with the same results ...the white noise and "brumming sound in the background.

I can try both sets on the win 7 64 bit desktop and the laptop win7 32 bit (these both have Realtek whilst the vista machine has VIA onboard) but that will have to be another day as it's late here and I have to go...have a good day---

MIC boost I don't have ...

Can't understand why I get so much background noise with these and touching the case of the PC/laptop makes it better ( 2 sets of HS1's and 2 PC's and 1 laptop)

Didn't have any problems with Fatal1ty headsets but they were analogue.

Thanks for the offer RAMGUY and I know that Corsair want happy customers and they've built a company on supplying quality and I appreciate the offer of a RMA ( I also know that other makes have had problems with USB headsets...so it's not only Corsair)

BUT I am in Sweden and the cost of RMA'ing both sets to Holland (I think it is) is prohibitive.

If I can link you to Sweclockers (this part of the site is in english and has representatives from Corsair ) and this thread, you can get an idea of the costs.

http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/127-corsair/1025273-rma-5-7-years-warranty-unnecessary-because-freight-cost/

That's is why I wondered if I returned these to where I bought them in Sweden ( internet shop) if this would be considered a faulty item because there is a chance that they say they are ok , which then leaves me with something like 390 kr plus postage costs to get them back.

This bit added::: The problem I get is similar to this guys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxbgtfApr3Y

I am assuming that it shouldn't sound like this ? It also picks up a LOT of background noise.

Thanks for any advice ..

Thanks for the reply RAMGUY..

Did you have time to listen to the youtube clip...don't have any idea what the guy is saying but the problems he is showing are the same as I am getting.

If I knew that these shouldn't sound like this and the fault was with the headset then I'd be more confident in approaching the sellers ( as an englishman my first language is English and all my correspondence/communication has to be done in swedish)

So basiscally before I return these I need to know if this is a fault before I start forking out more cash and get no replacement/ or replacements have the same problem.

thanks

ADDED:::What I'm also going to do is, as we are moving this weekend try these in the new flat and thus hopefully ruling out the power supply to the flat.

• Corsair Employee

I listened to the You tube clip and I don't have a clue what he was saying but what I heard sounded normal. I did not hear any static or noise. So I am not sure what you are talking about with this as a reference.

I would try them on another system maybe a friend can help you.

:wtfman: RAM GUY... This is getting ugly. Are you REALLY going to make us take screenshots of this to prove that you said that you could not hear the noise? Have you considered being honest?

That is right. I believe you are lying. And I am calling you out on it. The clip is available to everyone. They can hear the noise themselves and see instantly that you are not being honest.

If this is the way you intend to communicate with us then I will never hear anything from Corsair again. You just lost me forever. I guess that L company you hate gets my business now. How sad.

Omni, he's an old rocker dude. Probably just out of his hearing range lol.

Either way it doesn't matter. He's already offered to RMA them, and REMA1 is going to try it in a new location this weekend, which if it happens there, would eliminate a wiring issue in the building as the culprit.

When lies are followed by further lies it becomes a trend.

When you say you cannot hear it I can believe that. But when you are supposed to be a Guru about PC hardware and DACs I would expect you to be able to save the clip and strip the audio and look at it with any waveform examiner. The noise is obvious.

While obviously you should not normally have to ever do this sort of thing, if your hearing is damaged so very much that you cannot hear this noise, then could you explain what you are doing in the Audio section?

And while a PC user should not need to know about things like how the power gets to the USB port from the PSU from the power feed for the location, I know that if it were a power problem then these would not work. So that excuse is shot dead.

I can drag in some threads from the PSU side of the forums if you require me to spell it out for you.

I will give Corsair exactly ONE chance. Stop pretending that any problems are solved by an RMA. We do not believe it. We know that the hardware and software is the problem. Replacing it with more identical hardware does not fix it.

Grow up and admit that your products are imperfect and not suited for everyone. The microphone is good. It is a bit weak for most people, but increasing gain causes the signal to noise ratio to expand.

The problem he had in the video was that he was using XP. And with the current drivers in XP you *CAN* adjust gain. You cannot do this in Windows 7. So Windows 7 users are stuck with a Headset that has a very very quiet microphone and XP users are actually in a better position.

Your call. Sink or swim. Will you do the right thing or follow the bottom line to bankruptcy?

When you say you cannot hear it I can believe that. But when you are supposed to be a Guru about PC hardware and DACs I would expect you to be able to save the clip and strip the audio and look at it with any waveform examiner. The noise is obvious.

While obviously you should not normally have to ever do this sort of thing, if your hearing is damaged so very much that you cannot hear this noise, then could you explain what you are doing in the Audio section?

Wow, you took a generalized joke and just stretched it out so much I just don't know what to say, wow...

HI,

Microphone Boost can be found here

Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Sound\Recording\Microphone\Properties

(If you copy+paste this to the navigation bar at the top it wont find it).

To minimize the humming sound. You will need to configure your Mic volume settings from the program and Whatever game or voice program.

Toasted ...mic boost I don't have on vista 64 bit or win 7 ...if the info is for XP then ok

I normally just right-click on the volume icon to get to sound/recording propeties etc.

If I lower the mic level in the corsair control panel ( this action is also mimicked in windows sound) then the mic is too low .

TF2 game mic test isn't very good either.

I will try in the new place next week but have little hope that there will be any difference (cross-fingers/hold thumbs/touch wood/).

It's just good if you are going to try to return something to have others opinions.

I get the feeling that this is just the way the headsets are BUT what I was trying to determine was IS this classed as a defect. If it's not then sending them back will only cost me.

My Big Green Draw in the yard would be cheaper. :-)

And as Corsairs reps aren't able to say then the shop will probably just not bother...I could then try corsair...but cost of shipping is again prohibitive.

• Corsair Employee
For reference I work in an office with several other people always on the phone. It would be nice if I had a quiet office where I could listen to things like this but its just not possible... And I instructed the O.P. to request an RMA and we can try and repalce them. I never stated that I did not believe there was a problem, only that I did not hear anything out of the ordinary on that Video and besides that its not even the O.P.s system or speakers its someone else system. So for this case its not really relevant. And more impotently it will not change my suggestion to get an RMA and lets try and repalce them or try and replace them with the reseller.

For reference I work in an office with several other people always on the phone. It would be nice if I had a quiet office where I could listen to things like this but its just not possible... And I instructed the O.P. to request an RMA and we can try and replace them. I never stated that I did not believe there was a problem, only that I did not hear anything out of the ordinary on that Video and besides that its not even the O.P.s system or speakers its someone else system. So for this case its not really relevant. And more impotently it will not change my suggestion to get an RMA and lets try and replace them or try and replace them with the reseller.

Not really relevant? I too have the same issue. And I have personally spoken to others who expressed the same.

As I said earlier, the microphone may be too weak for most users, and increasing gain increases the signal to noise ratio.

Care to redress that again?

Archived