Corsair Community

Can't get XMP to bump my Ram from 2133 to 3000mhz

Gage3214

I have been having a lot of problems configuring my RAM on my new computer. One being the Ram refuses to acknowledge the XMP I had turned on in the Bios and still runs at stock speeds. Attached will be screenshots of CPU-Z and my Bios settings. Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

cpuz_mem.png.9dc2f458db0026e076ad2baa8fb4fd90.png

cpuz_SPD.png.24bcae9a5b1b5d1e20547b1271bd4c3a.png

1.thumb.jpg.576a6319bd738cce3bd7fc417327f294.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.c3c3efc0fd90f6199b111ab934411a62.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.522ca2b3b1004e8986413614ac7fc58d.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.53d34d5d14afdfbcabee0a31dbc353fb.jpg

Mmm i remember when i first got into OC, i had issues with xmp that wouldn't let me POST because the cpu couldn't reach turbo boost speeds (xmp also activates this) because of insufficient cooling

I got it working by using a higher fan profile, and later on i changed my cpu cooler

Once my system could handle cpu turbo boost, ram followed as well

Also, try using another "EZ system tuning" profile, there is "optimal" and then "performance" or "extreme" automatic settings

Hope it helps! Else you would need to try manual solutions (setting voltage and stuff)

Did you change the BCLK to 102? If so, that may override the XMP values as that affects memory frequency as well. You can put that back on auto (should be ~100.0) and see if the XMP settings will load. At this point I wouldn't think you would need a 125 strap for 3000 MHz, but I did not use the Z170 platform and it had a few memory quirks.

Updating Bios absolutly solved all of my problems, I bought this board off a buddy a logn time ago and i just had it in storage until i needed a spare, got it out and hooked it up to find out it only supports kaby lake after bios update which it didnt have and i didnt have any spare non kabylake processors so I took it in to have the bios updated. The yguy updated it at the shop for me using a processor he had, but for whatever reason he only updated it to that bios and not the newest, liek why wouldnt I hve wanted it to be the latest update really? Anyhow updated bios, Ram overclocks just fine now and also solved my double boot problem where my computer wouldnt post until I had tried to boot it twice. Thank you guys for the help.

Archived