Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance 1500 suddenly stopped working - Driver issue?

7OON

Hey all, I want to begin by saying I'm not a techie and have little knowledge of registries and the like. I've had my headset for about 6 months, worked fine throughout that time but suddenly the other week it stopped working. Usually when I plug it in there will be a couple of seconds of feedback and then it'll connect but this time it was just constant feed back. So logically I decided to uninstall the drivers and install the latest ones but no look, now there's no feedback at all and the majority of the time the device will not be recognised. When I can get it to be recognised it has the little error symbol next to it and when I mute the mic it flashes blue/red. Any help with this as I've reinstalled it a dozen times and it's beginning to annoy me.

Thanks in advance.

Try this mate:

Reinstall Windows.

Go to Device Manager - Search for Sound - High Definition Audio (or somthing like that) - Right Click - Uninstall that crap

After, install drivers.

Enjoy

My mic stopped working, this fixed it.

Also, if you have troubles watching Youtube videos via browser (sound so loud it blows your head off) ---> use Chrome.

Try this mate:

Reinstall Windows.

Go to Device Manager - Search for Sound - High Definition Audio (or somthing like that) - Right Click - Uninstall that crap

After, install drivers.

Enjoy

My mic stopped working, this fixed it.

Also, if you have troubles watching Youtube videos via browser (sound so loud it blows your head off) ---> use Chrome.

Thanks for the post, would reinstalling windows remove anything off my hard drive? If not how would I go about doing it? Sorry for being so knowledge-less.

Maybe you can skip reinstalling windows, and try to uninstall every audio driver (corsair headset, other audio drivers) then restart windows and go to device manager - expand Sound - under it uninstall the High Definition Audio (or something like that) by right click and click on uninstall.

Then install Corsair Headset Driver again.

See if it works.

Maybe you can skip reinstalling windows, and try to uninstall every audio driver (corsair headset, other audio drivers) then restart windows and go to device manager - expand Sound - under it uninstall the High Definition Audio (or something like that) by right click and click on uninstall.

Then install Corsair Headset Driver again.

See if it works.

I have a load of NVIDIA high definition ones and a realtek one, which should I get rid of?

Archived