Corsair Community

Patiently waiting, but price discrepancy between CMR32GX4M2C3333C16 vs CMW32GX4M2C333

Cyberbrain

Hey,

Long time Corsair customer, re-seller and system builder here.

I bought a set of CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3333MHz C16 on Amazon for $460 nearly a year ago with the intent of buying more a couple months down the line. But this has proven to be difficult and problematic with stock going in and out and prices going up. I had wanted to go to quad channel before the 2080 Ti Launch.

Fast forward to today and since buying that memory the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro line was released which I would of preferred to begin with, but it is what it is. They appear to be the same specs, aside from Cooler / RGB Difference, Is this true? Would love to know for sure.

But here's my problem, memory prices have fallen across the entire sector, except for the original Corsair Vengeance RGB Line. It's nearly twice the price of the Pro line in some cases.

Currently on NewEgg

SKU CMR32GX4M2C3333C16

VENGEANCE® RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3333MHz C16 Memory Kit

NewEgg - $495.95

Amazon - $479.00

Corsair - $394.99 (out of stock)

And the newer model with seemingly exact same specs except RBG difference.

SKU CMW32GX4M2C3333C16

VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3333MHz C16 Memory Kit — Black

NewEgg - $269.99 (out of stock)

Amazon - Unavailable

Corsair - $299.99 (out of stock)

It comes in and out of stock on NewEgg occasionally and I could nab a set for $269.99 versus $495 and from what I can tell the only difference is the heatsink and RGB. I'd rather not pay a premium of $225 for non pro, older style ram just to have a matching look. I could almost buy two sets of Vengeance Pro for $44 more at that price. Even if I caught it being in stock at Corsair, it's a $95 price difference over the Pro, which is the newer model.

Since this is a Corsair build in a Custom painted Obsidian 900D with 14 Corsair ML120 Fans I was trying my best to keep everything Corsair where I could but this is frustrating. I've been trying to finish this build for a long time to show case it in time for PAX East. Ironically 2 fans have started to fail and now I'm trying to get replacements for those. I'm trying to buy another set, so I can RMA the dying pair but even that has been tricky without buying a 3 pack with fan controller. I could just RMA them send them and wait, but with water cooling its alot of work just to get to the fan mounts and i'd rather not take apart the loops twice.

In an ideal world I'd have all the memory slots filled but i'm just trying to at least get to 4.

I'm just at wits end :eek:, Does anyone have any suggestions or am I the only one caught in the void between memory the Vengeance RGB to Vengeance RGB Pro

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Hello Cyberbrain,

Sorry, I wouldn't know about stock. However, I wouldn't recommend mixing any kits. It can cause stability issues and potentially lighting issues as well. Using the same kit would net your best chance of not having these issues. Mixing Vengeance RGB and RGB Pro memory would have a higher chance of having lighting issues but as long as they have the same specifications, they are less likely to have stability issues.

To avoid these issues, a single 64GB kit would be your best option.

Archived