The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2018, 10:20 PM

POST ID # = 953623
JimmyRappit Reputation: 10

try doing the same. Close Link, stop the service, and reopen Link.
Let me know if it works

Old 05-07-2018, 08:10 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 953717
DevBiker Reputation: 83

You could restart Link. Link also has a corresponding service however it shuts down the service when you exit Link.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:32 PM
BIKELIFE

POST ID # = 953999
DJGStunts20 Reputation: 10

So i Just installed 5 LL120 fans and im having the same issue.. the first fan will stay on(rgb) the rest will shut off (rgb).. but then i noticed it would only do that when i would select a instant color, but if you set up a rainbow or visor or anyother profile for it, it works fine.. hopefully theres a fix to this..

but other then this i love my corsair products!

Old 05-12-2018, 10:21 PM
FlurbyDurby's PC Specs

POST ID # = 954426
FlurbyDurby Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyRappit View Post
try doing the same. Close Link, stop the service, and reopen Link.
Let me know if it works
I just tried this. The Startup type was already set to Manual. When I stop the service though ("Corsair LINK 4"), it automatically restarts, and the same lighting bug is present. Is it normal for the service to automatically start back up if it is set to manual?

Old 06-02-2018, 05:05 PM
cemoon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957161
cemoon Reputation: 10

I just registered for this topic.
Do you have any updates now? I have the same issue, fan #1 works fine and the issue is on fan #2 and #3 sometimes (maybe once per min).
BTW, can I claim the warranty for this issue?

Old 06-03-2018, 12:22 PM

POST ID # = 957227
vinhduong Reputation: 10

I got the same problem here with LINK4, just a few minutes ago. I tried a different fan hub but nothing changed, only the #1 slot on the hub is working.
RGB LED strips are still working perfectly, maybe there are some issues with the software.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:17 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957241

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlurbyDurby View Post
I just tried this. The Startup type was already set to Manual. When I stop the service though ("Corsair LINK 4"), it automatically restarts, and the same lighting bug is present. Is it normal for the service to automatically start back up if it is set to manual?
If the Link UI is running, yes, it's normal for it to start back up. The Link UI actually starts the service - and stops it when you shut down the Link UI.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:18 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957242

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinhduong View Post
I got the same problem here with LINK4, just a few minutes ago. I tried a different fan hub but nothing changed, only the #1 slot on the hub is working.
RGB LED strips are still working perfectly, maybe there are some issues with the software.
Have you check to make sure that you added all of the fans to the channel? How many fans are we talking about here? Have you rearranged them on the hub?

Old 06-04-2018, 12:52 AM

POST ID # = 957284
vinhduong Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Have you check to make sure that you added all of the fans to the channel? How many fans are we talking about here? Have you rearranged them on the hub?
I have 6 LL120 fans, they ran normally the day before yesterday, I didn’t even touch anything inside the case. But yesterday when I turned my PC on, only the first fan was on with RGB light, fan 2 to 6 were on with only one single LED. I connected all 6 fans to the hub, tried to rearrange, tried another hub, but only the fan that is connected to the #1 slot of the hub is on with RGB light, other slots is down (they are still running, RGB light not working)

P/S: AND NOW THEY ARE ALL WORKING NORMALLY WHEN I TURN MY PC ON FOR THE FIRST TIME OF THE DAY IN THE AFTERNOON (???). It suddenly got malfunction and recovered itself, this kind of bug/glitch never happen before. Anyway, thank you for your support, DevBiker.

Last edited by vinhduong; 06-04-2018 at 03:43 AM.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:24 PM
FlurbyDurby's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957700

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinhduong View Post
I have 6 LL120 fans, they ran normally the day before yesterday, I didn’t even touch anything inside the case. But yesterday when I turned my PC on, only the first fan was on with RGB light, fan 2 to 6 were on with only one single LED. I connected all 6 fans to the hub, tried to rearrange, tried another hub, but only the fan that is connected to the #1 slot of the hub is on with RGB light, other slots is down (they are still running, RGB light not working)

P/S: AND NOW THEY ARE ALL WORKING NORMALLY WHEN I TURN MY PC ON FOR THE FIRST TIME OF THE DAY IN THE AFTERNOON (???). It suddenly got malfunction and recovered itself, this kind of bug/glitch never happen before. Anyway, thank you for your support, DevBiker.
Oh man, I'm so happy your fix was a lot easier than the trouble I've been going through! I am about to move, and after I do, I am probably going to claim warranty on some or all of the fans unless someone else at Corsair has other suggestions. I am out of ideas, and I am growing tired of looking at these glitchy lights. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your problem doesn't come back!

Old 06-05-2018, 05:25 PM
FlurbyDurby's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957701

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
If the Link UI is running, yes, it's normal for it to start back up. The Link UI actually starts the service - and stops it when you shut down the Link UI.
So I suppose this means the aforementioned "service fix" is not the fix for me?

Old 06-11-2018, 09:57 PM
ibby03's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958678
ibby03 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyRappit View Post
I found a solution!
Problem is the Corsair service is interfering with the Corsair Software somehow.

Fix:
- Close iCue
- type Services in the search bar, press Enter.
- Search for CorsairService, right click it, choose Properties
- Press Stop, and in the Startup type drop-down menu, choose Manual
- Click Apply
- Reopen iCue
This was spot on advise! Thank you! Fixed my issue perfectly. I believe this stems from Corsair Link 4 being previously installed, and it was messing with iCUE

Old 10-02-2018, 01:03 AM

POST ID # = 974939
Gavin Mouat Reputation: 10
Default Fix

I think I fixed it. Try changing the order of power so that the the node is plugged in before the hub or they’re in 2 seperate sata power/accessory cables.

Old 02-02-2019, 03:12 AM
Kromulok's PC Specs

POST ID # = 992266
Kromulok Reputation: 10

I bought 2 corsair 460x rgb cases. They come with the sp 120 rgb fans and controllers. I took out 3 from one case to put all 6 in one case for my wife. It just works. Perfectly.

I bought 6 ll 120 rgb fans for my case. put them in, worked great. Changed and played with some of the built in settings like rainbow, raindrop, arc, etc - really good time for the one day. Day 2, still working. I shut down the PC, moved it to the other side of my desk, turned it on, only fan 1 has any kind of led going and then almost as if it is barely working at that.

Spent a couple hours troubleshooting - got so MAD about this and decided forget it. Not worth the aggrivation. Will return these 6 LL fans to the store. Ordered 6 SP fans and will settle for those.

SHouldn't be like this. These fans LEDs are super cool. But why make it so irritating to have? They dont work so forget it.

I have been a corsair fan all my life. Between this and the response I got from CS about getting a corsair sticker for my new pc - they said they dont make them anymore, yet I got one in my new PSU... just a flat out lie and lazy response. Much like the design and flaws of these LLseries lights.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:51 PM
Kromulok's PC Specs

POST ID # = 992465
Kromulok Reputation: 10

and suddenly today they are all back on and working. Explain that to me. I have done NOTHING - havent unplugged anything, haven't opened the case, nothing. Literally. I woke up, came in the office, and they were on.

Doesn't matter now, I already ordered 6 SP rgb fans. It just stinks because the LEDs on these LL fans are so dang cool.