The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Enthusiasts Section > System Builds, Modding, Custom Components, and Picture Gallery

Old 04-24-2012, 10:12 PM
Streetwolf's PC Specs

POST ID # = 574394
Streetwolf Reputation: 10
Default Advice needed for a new build

I'm just starting to gather a list of things I want for a new build and have a questions for you.

My preliminary build so far will consist of:

1. Intel IVB 3770K CPU.
2. Asus P8Z77-WS Motherboard.
http://www.techpowerup.com/164262/AS...therboard.html
3. Corsair Hydro Series H100 cooling.
4. Corsair Obsidian 800D Full-Tower case.
5. Corsair Dual Channel RAM. 12GB min. (recommendation?)
6. Corsair PSU. 1000W min(recommendation?)
7. Hard drives TBD
8. Graphic card TBD

Am I correct in assuming that the 800D will accept the H100 like a clove fits a hand?

Will the H100 and the ASUS P8Z77-WS fit nicely? I'm worried that something around the CPU slot will make installation difficult or impossible. I realize this is probably not easily answerable.

I plan to overclock the CPU since the Multiplier is unlocked.

Any other things I should consider?

I appreciate your help.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:29 PM
badboyzasr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 575301
badboyzasr Reputation: 10

Hello

I am in the process of upgrading my system as well, and upon searching for the P8z77 ws and H100, I bumped into this post. I have already purchased the mobo and the H100, but I am having second thoughts about the cooler. The question in hand is that I have looked around the forums and there are some cases of pump failures and leaks. Once the cooler leaks into your video card or mobo, Corsair does cover, in a sense. I requested some coverage information for the items that are covered under Corsair's warranty in case of a leakage, and I was given a damage claim document, that clearly states that Corsair will cover the motherboard, CPU and Video card if it was a manufacture defect. They ask you to ship them all back to Corsair for thorough inspection. Once done, the form mentioned that you get a maximum claim of $200 on CPU, $100 for a motherboard, and $150 for a Video Card. Now the motherboard itself cost me $350+. The CPU is going to be $300+ as well, and the Video card that I am using right now is $250 but going to be upgrading to the Nvidia 680 GTX in 4 way SLI, which is $500+ per card. I am presuming you are on the same roadmap for getting a 4 way SLI motherboard, and just wanted to put this in that if you are comfortable with a liquid cooling kit and I really hope you don't, but in case a leak happens in your cooler, we are in for a big loss.

My retail store has already mentioned some cases of Corsair Leaks and how their $3k+ systems got totaled without any coverage. I hope that is not the case with you or me or anyone, but the cooler does have a slight rate of failure. Again, I have used many Corsair products, from cases to coolers, to ram, and have had pleasant experience, but water cooling is a new field I am stepping into and its just the uncertainty that is preventing me from using it.

Do you have any feedback if you are a fellow liquid cooling system user?

Old 04-29-2012, 02:32 AM
sketchiness abounds...
stratosrally's PC Specs

POST ID # = 575326
stratosrally Reputation: 10

2yrs on my H60, cooling an i7-920 @ 3.8GHz, 24/7... no leaks yet.

See my PC specs drop-down menu for my other components.

Everything in life is a risk - for example, you could have a lightning strike take out more components than a coolant leak.

As for questions about the 800D case, see here for some help:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=87493

It's predrilled and will fit most single, double, or triple radiators with fans in push/pull - and the H100 double radiator is not as thick as most - I doubt you'd have any trouble.

Also, it'll take an EATX motherboard, so that ATX one you want to use will fit.

Last edited by stratosrally; 04-29-2012 at 02:46 AM.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Humbug's PC Specs

POST ID # = 575382
Humbug Reputation: 10

Yeah I would not worry about leaks tbh.

Streetwolf, what are you going to be using your PC for? Without knowing that it's a bit hard to answer your question..

Old 05-07-2012, 07:40 PM
jewie27's PC Specs

POST ID # = 576973
jewie27 Reputation: 10

Get a GTX 690