The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 08:06 PM

POST ID # = 572997
GamerGirlAlice Reputation: 10
Send a message via MSN to GamerGirlAlice
Default 20 Pin Front USB 3.0 Header Upgrade for the 800D?

i am just curious if there will be a upgrade kit for the 800D that will have a 20 pin usb 3.0 header. i know there are adapters but i would prefer a actual 20 pin. i am curious if anyone has herd anything about such a future product.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 573641
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

There is none at the moment and I am not sure if we are going to have one in the future.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:53 AM

POST ID # = 573669
GamerGirlAlice Reputation: 10
Send a message via MSN to GamerGirlAlice

yeah i know you didn't have one yet but was wondering if it was in development. it be a nice future upgrade to extend viability of the 800d

Old 04-21-2012, 08:28 PM
x509's PC Specs

POST ID # = 573800
x509 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
There is none at the moment and I am not sure if we are going to have one in the future.
Let's not forget that Corsair, like a lot of vendors, does not pre-announce new products. On the other hand, the fact that they are not developing this new version, could be a sign that the 800D will be replaced in the "near future." Just my own speculation of course.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:05 PM
AMDbigboy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 573811
AMDbigboy Reputation: 10

That's what I was thinking x509! Being that the almighty 800D is long in the tooth, Corsair might (or probably) will be replacing it soon. Maybe they will introduce it's replacement (if that's the plan) in June at computex or in January at CES. I probably will purchase another one just to have as an extra just in case it gets replaced and I don't like the new version.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 574564
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

GamerGirlAlice
The MB you have does not show it has USB 3.0 ports so I cannot show the picture of a USB 3.0 PCI adaptor that normally comes with most MB's. However, that is what you can use just connect it internally in the case and wire it out of the way which is what I did on my system.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Mark Meyer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 575880
Mark Meyer Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by x509 View Post
Let's not forget that Corsair, like a lot of vendors, does not pre-announce new products. On the other hand, the fact that they are not developing this new version, could be a sign that the 800D will be replaced in the "near future." Just my own speculation of course.
Guys, the 800D has already been upgraded with USB3 on the front panel, and a simple upgrade later on would be to make the 3rd and 4th USB front panel sockets USB3 as well. At this point in time, I know of no motherboards that would accomodate four USB3 connections onboard so having just two USB3 up front plus the other two being USB2 for now is a wise move on the part of Corsair.
The only detail is that while they give you an onboard USB2 plug for the front USB2 sockets, they don't yet give us an onboard USB3 plug, and that IS an oversite since newer boards for the most part do have onboard USB3 connectors (but again, only enough for the two USB3 sockets up front).

Don't mess with the 800D because it's not only a fine case the way it is, but it can accomodate ANY "updates" necessary as time goes on, and the new SATAIII backplate for the drive bays and the USB3 sockets on the front panel prove it.
If they would just include a cheap $2 adapter similar to the Silverstone (that I bought but at $10), then there's your "800D upgrade" right there.

For my part, the 800D(W) is the only case I thought was worth paying over $200 dollars for because it will be the last case I ever need, and any further technological enhancements that come will easily be added as necessary.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:23 PM
gamer
jack.labout's PC Specs

POST ID # = 575996
jack.labout Reputation: 10

Gamergirl, you can get the perfect solution for your problem at www.frozencpu.com. A 20-pin connector at one end and two female USB 3 adapters at the other end.

I just bought the part a few days ago to adapt my brand-new 800D case cables to my Asus P9X79 Pro motherboard.

Hope this helps ...

P.S. I have reported this issue to Corsair Tech Support already ... but if you want to squeak the wheel too, by all means, have at it ... :)

Old 06-25-2012, 11:20 PM
pabloottawa's PC Specs

POST ID # = 586586
pabloottawa Reputation: 10

So can someone answer this puzzle for me.

Why is it that the team who developed this case and the included accesories do some thing as stupid as to include a USB 2.0 adapter for the USB 3.0 header connection.

I mean seriously what were you guys thinking????? It just doesn't make any sense to me to NOT include a USB 3.0 20 pin adapter......

Very confused.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:31 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 586588
Wired Reputation: 32

Maybe because the case came out three years ago?
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)

Old 06-26-2012, 01:27 AM
pabloottawa's PC Specs

POST ID # = 586603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired View Post
Hardly an excuse since they have replaced the SATA 2.0 backplate for the hot swap bay to SATA 3.0

Pretty ****ty for a company to tell you that you are getting USB 3.0 front panel connectors only to find out that you have to go out and buy a USB 3.0 20 pin adapter to get them to work.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:35 AM

POST ID # = 586634
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

They updated it to SATA III, Because a lot of motherboards were using SATA III Ports, And people would want to use them.

At that time, There wasn't any internal USB 3.0 connectors, Most of them were the NEC USB 3.0 controllers and cases back then were all the full-sized USB 3.0 connectors.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:31 AM
pabloottawa's PC Specs

POST ID # = 586668

Im not talking about three years ago. Im talking about THE PRESENT. Admittedly USB 3.0 is not the norm with most USB based products but it is getting more popular so im surprised that like the SATA 3.0 back plate for the hot swap bay that Corsair upgraded just a few months ago, they should have also upgraded the USB 3.0 adapter to a 20 pin adapter so that it can be used as a true USB 3.0 connection.

What good are pretty blue headers if they don't give you the speed boost.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:21 PM
TBrandes's PC Specs

POST ID # = 586744
TBrandes Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired View Post
But you could also say that they had years to change that. Or do they still sell cases which belong to their first batch?
Same goes for the 650D for which i have to order an adapter too.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:50 PM
jewie27's PC Specs

POST ID # = 590626
jewie27 Reputation: 10

Bit Fenix makes one. I have it in my 600T.