Corsair Community

Only green and blue illuminated

paradonym

Got a weird problem - The Strafe RGB only illuminated Green and Blue, every color in between was either full green, full blue or off...

Read this reddit and came to the idea that I first re-plug the keyboard in...

Changing from two USB 3 ports to USB 2 ports helped.

If that error is known - could it be that CUE has some difficulties with USB3 drivers?

Depending on the issue, Changing the USB port to one that is controlled by an Intel or an AMD chipset will usually resolve it.

There are known problems with third party controllers e.g. communication issues, and they could possibly be solved by updating to the latest drivers. but swapping a USB port is usually recommended as its the fastest solution instead of finding the latest version for the third party controller.

I think swapping the USB ports is not the real issue. It does, however, fix the problem (read on).

I have 3 Corsair RGB keyboards, and from time to time, all of them will drop a color channel. If red drops, it behaves as you describe.

I don't know if it is a firmware bug (most likely) or hardware bug, but in either case, the solution is to reset the keyboard. I have found that unplugging it and waiting at least 30 seconds (sometimes takes longer) will fix the issue.

I always plug it back into the same USB port, so that isn't the issue. I've tried rebooting the PC, and that never fixes it. I am pretty sure there is just a bug in the firmware and it stops running one of the LED channels entirely.

Archived