The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2018, 02:32 PM

POST ID # = 979083
clucernoni Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc10101 View Post
I'm still debating what I want to do. And have been side-tracked with other stuff.

I think I've narrowed my choices down to one of two approaches:

1) Four 480s, thick and push/pull intake at front, thin and push only exhaust at the top.

Or...

2) Two 480s, thick and push/pull intake at front. Two 360s, thick and push/pull exhaust at top, leaving just fans (with no rad) in the top-front two fan slots of the 8 x 120 top fan tray.

I'm leaning towards the second solution which has some flexibility in terms of having space to connect stuff in the upper front corner, and also adding a couple extra uncovered fans to pull cool air into the case near the top.

Not sure what brand rads yet, although one of: HW Labs, EK or Alphacool I guess. The Alphacool's will fit directly to the fan trays without fans inbetween, if necessary, as it will be at the top if just doing push for exhaust.
For #2, wouldn't that mean you have 2 intake fans at the top-front of your case bringing in air directly adjacent to your 360 radiator exhaust? That doesn't sound like a great solution.

What I am considering is basically your #2 solution (2x480 push/pull intake up front and 2x360 push/pull exhaust on top, all 4 same thickness), except that I would have the two top-front open spaces as exhaust fans and turn around the 2 fans at the rear of the case and make those intake. So you'd have intake from the rear and front, all exhaust out the top. That should also ensure positive pressure (The two top exhaust fans cancel out the two rear intake...the 2x360 push/pull cancel out 75% of the 2x480 push/pull...and the last 25% of the 2x480 push/pull intake provides the positive pressure) How does that sound?

Old 11-12-2018, 01:30 PM
tweeek's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980091
tweeek Reputation: 10
Default Alphacool X-flow with 1000D

I'm thinking 2 x Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper X-Flow 480mm on the front just push. Anyone know if the X-flow versions will fit with the front tray because they have an in/outlet on top and bottom? Idea is to go parallel on the bottom and T-join back on the top to make eliminating bubbles very easy.

On top would be an Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 420 push or push/pull if it fits, just cause I have one.

Any thoughts, problems to expect with this setup?

Old 11-18-2018, 12:58 PM
cc10101's PC Specs

POST ID # = 981078
cc10101 Reputation: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by clucernoni View Post
For #2, wouldn't that mean you have 2 intake fans at the top-front of your case bringing in air directly adjacent to your 360 radiator exhaust? That doesn't sound like a great solution.

What I am considering is basically your #2 solution (2x480 push/pull intake up front and 2x360 push/pull exhaust on top, all 4 same thickness), except that I would have the two top-front open spaces as exhaust fans and turn around the 2 fans at the rear of the case and make those intake. So you'd have intake from the rear and front, all exhaust out the top. That should also ensure positive pressure (The two top exhaust fans cancel out the two rear intake...the 2x360 push/pull cancel out 75% of the 2x480 push/pull...and the last 25% of the 2x480 push/pull intake provides the positive pressure) How does that sound?
Sorry, got pulled away from my new build to deal with car stuff. Blew a turbo in one car at about the exact same time my aging SUV died, leaving me without a car. But the turbo is replaced in the one car, and I've gotten a second car ordered, so I'm back to working on my build again.

My thinking with having the 2 front top fans pull cool air in was that the front fans are pulling heated air from the front rads into the case, so mixing some cool air from the top might make the top 360 rads a bit more efficient. Might also alleviate some of the heated air being blown across the VRMs.

But I've also considered doing as you say, and having the two front top fans exhaust. If the top of the case is pure exhaust, then the rear fans will have to provide the cool air intake for the VRMs alone. Which could be okay.

The good thing is, since the front top two fan slots are easily accessible, and there won't be rads there, it's easy to try them out as intake and exhaust, and measure the results before finalizing all the cabling.

Old 12-24-2018, 08:42 AM

POST ID # = 986782
Storx Reputation: 10

thanks for clearing up that you can use the following rad setup:

Front: 2 x 480GTX Push/Pull
Top: 2 x 480GTS Push

Would it be any benefit by switching it up and putting the thinner GTS on the front and the GTX in the top with the push/pull on the GTS rad? Just thinking the smaller rad would allow for more air pressure in the case with less resistance from the rad, then the case would act in a higher positive venting way.... I was under the impression that a highly positive pressure case cools the mb better

Old 01-05-2019, 09:37 PM

POST ID # = 988464
Storx Reputation: 10

I am very confused how you managed to install the 480 GTS? I tried to install them on the fan trays and less than half the holes lined up, also i tried putting the fans in first and the fan tray flexed when i installed them...

Old 01-30-2019, 01:20 AM

POST ID # = 991855
UMUX Reputation: 10

I'm about to receive my 1000D where I will build a 4 x 2080ti rig with EK water cooling.

Planned 2 x 480 (120mm fans) on front and a 1 x 420 (140mm fans). From some of the youtube videos referred to in this thread, I understand its going to be a clearance issue.

But if the top radiator tray is removed, then it will fit. Now, in order to do that, how will the radiator be mounted to the top? Still holes for it when the tray is taken out, or will I need to drill holes to be able to mount it?

Thanks

Old 02-09-2019, 08:56 AM

POST ID # = 993321
gienah Reputation: 10

My current plan is to cut a flat sheet of 1.6mm steel to go in the roof. In that I will cut out 8 120mm holes for 2 480mm radiators I'm mounting in the top. And little holes or slots to screw the fans between this sheet and the radiators into the radiators. I will also make 2 angle brackets to hold it up there from underneath.

Removing the top rear bracket (that was holding the top rear fan tray rail) also makes room for mounting 2 140mm fans in the rear. I'm currently finding it really tedious that I have to drill lots of holes to provide airflow for the 2 140mm fans. There is a hinge obstructing the airflow a little.

I want to be able to have all 32 screws go through something in the roof, through the 8 fans into the 2 radiators. There isn't enough metal in the roof for that, hence my plan above.

If don't have any fans between the roof and the radiator, then you might be able to hold the radiator(s) up there using just some screws where there is metal to hold them.

If you want to run the top filter then it would be best to use button head screws, other types of screws might catch the filter. There is some recessed metal on the sides that lines up with 2 480mm radiators. With 2 480mm radiators another idea is to use a T molding between the 2 radiators to have something to attach the screws to in the middle.

Last edited by gienah; 02-09-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Tags
1000d, radiator mount options