The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2019, 11:03 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 993111
Zotty Reputation: 52

hey bud.. nope.. cant have those logos on the same RGB Fan LED Hub as the LL fans... you would with out a doubt need 2 RGB Fan LED Hubs unfortunately... you can get away with mix and matching LL/HD/ML fans (plays hell with synchronised/sequential effects though) but NOT SP RGB Fans buddy

Old 02-08-2019, 09:05 PM
simplyshredded's PC Specs

POST ID # = 993267
simplyshredded Reputation: 20

Damn how annoying...

I really like having a diff color for case logos, but dont want to plug in an extra node pro for some strips.... dont have any room left and would also need an extra sata power cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
hey bud.. nope.. cant have those logos on the same RGB Fan LED Hub as the LL fans... you would with out a doubt need 2 RGB Fan LED Hubs unfortunately... you can get away with mix and matching LL/HD/ML fans (plays hell with synchronised/sequential effects though) but NOT SP RGB Fans buddy

Old 02-13-2019, 08:39 PM

POST ID # = 994141
Nazgarth Reputation: 10

Hello, I was wondering if you could help me with a set up I want to make with 570X case and corsair components. I have modified an img provided in OP.

Will this work? or should I ignore the 3 fan control/power connectors that come from H150i (that would normally be used for ML fans), and plug the 3 fans cooling H150i into the Commander PRO?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Will remove image if its wrong.

Last edited by Nazgarth; 02-13-2019 at 08:51 PM. Reason: trying to get img to work

Old 02-14-2019, 04:10 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994171

Hey buddy... yep.. that works

Old 02-14-2019, 08:09 AM

POST ID # = 994192
Nazgarth Reputation: 10

ok, many thanks.

Old 02-16-2019, 04:23 AM

POST ID # = 994448
Podgy Reputation: 10

Hey,
I've got just the normal Corsair 570x Black case, and recently upgraded to the H100i RGB Platinum, and decided to replace the 3 front SP fans with ML120 Pros and my rear exhaust SP fan with a ML120 fan also so I'm running all the same fans.

How do I connect these correctly with the current FAN LED controller that came with the 570x case and the added Lighting Node that comes with the ML series.

Thankyou.

Old 02-16-2019, 07:05 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994457

Hi Buddy. Have read of the Below linked thread. covers the Corsair RGB Ecosystem in detail including device specs and set up diagrams.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

that should help you work out how to do it.. as long as you follow the rule of not mixing fan types on the same RGB Fan LED Hub you will be fine ;)

Old 02-16-2019, 10:37 AM

POST ID # = 994496

okay so my understanding is, connect the 6 ML fans to the Fan Led Hub, the Fan Led Hub to the Lighting Node and connect the Lighting Node via USB and SATA? and this will only control the RGB?

If i want to control the RGB & RPM i will need to replace the Lighting Node with Commander Pro?

Old 02-16-2019, 12:34 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994518

you got it buddy :). spot on

Old 02-16-2019, 05:37 PM

POST ID # = 994553

okay awesome thankyou!
the h100i rgb platinum fans will be controlled via the cooler itself yes?
just the other 4 fans will not be controlled via iCUE

Old 02-16-2019, 06:44 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994556
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 103

With the other 4 fans on a Commander Pro and the 2 on the H100i's splitter, all will be controllable through iCUE. The C-Pro connected cases fans through that device tab and the radiator fans through the H100i tab. You could put the 2 radiator fans on the C-Pro as well, but there really isn't a good reason to do so - most of the time. In the event of some wiring calamity, the cooler will protect itself, spinning fans up etc. If you try to run from coolant temperature from the C-Pro without the software running, they won't know what to do. That would include boot/restarts. On the cooler's fan controller they will follow their directions.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:47 PM

POST ID # = 994992
craigbrown Reputation: 10
Default Advice on my new build

Thanks for all this great info! I have the Mirror Black case with the H100i Platinum cooler. I melieve the fans are ML120. I think the fans are being controlled by the cooler. I want to replace the front fans with LL120's. I understand that the hub that came with thge case cannot be used so I may as well take it out.

The 3 pack of LL120's comes with a hub and a node plus. Do I need another hub to control the ML120 fans on the cooler or are they ok where they are? It

I have one LL120 at the back of the case. It is just white (because I don't have a controller). Because of the outer rim, it looks wider then the sp120's in the case. Is the cut-out at the front of the case big enough to show the rim?

I have 8 vengence rgb pro ram sticks which look awesome. I can see them in iCure so I assume they don't need to connect to anything.

My power supply is Seasonic so I guess that there is no way to mintor that. The board is a Gigabyte Gamer Pro 7. Lots of lighting but again, no way to control it.

There are two dark areas of the case. One above the power shroud and one at the bottom of the case (to the right of the shroud). I had purchased another cooler which did not fit the case. In my attemt to mod it I made it unreturnable. It was two 140mm ML fans. I was thinking of puttint one on top of the scroud and another at the bottom of the case. Would that work?

Thank you for the advise, it is greatly appreciated !

Old 02-21-2019, 03:09 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995080

if you are on about the RGB Fan LED Hub? yes you can use that... its the Button controllers you cant use with other Corsair RGB Fan types...

lots more info here buddy..

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Old 02-27-2019, 07:46 PM

POST ID # = 995828
craigbrown Reputation: 10

Thanks for all the info! I got my mirror black case almost running. But I have two issues.
1. I need to plug the lighting pro USB into the commander. The plugs are different sizes. Is there an adapter for this?

2. The case lighting no longer works. I broke the speed/lighting control so I need to attach it some other way. I found a cable that fits a fan header, but I don't see a cable to plug into the RGB hub.

Thanks!

Old 02-28-2019, 03:51 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995859

Lighting Node Pro USB is an internal male 9 pin usb header... Commander Pro USB sockets are internal Female 9 pin USB headers.. will fit mate,,,

as for the cable between the Commander Pro and the RGB Fan LED Hub,, should get 2 with your commander pro