The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Systems > CORSAIR ONE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2019, 08:50 PM

POST ID # = 993264
VirtualStink Reputation: 10
Question Clarification of "VR ready" and lack of VirtualLink?

Hello,

I actually purchased the i160 earlier today and just cancelled my order due to one singular fact... the lack of the VirtualLink port. I'm a huge VR gamer (Vive Pro and Original Rift) and I just sold my Alienware Aurora to make way for a new 2080 series (preferably Ti). I was originally planning on snagging a new Razer Blade 15 with the MaxQ RTX2070 and the eGPU core + full size RTX2080ti.

My goal for this is to be ready to buy the new Vive Cosmos on launch day and be as futureproof as possible.

This all changed when I saw the i160... Amazing engineering, killer specs (except for not having a 1TB NVME... seriously guys?) and the i9. It looked PERFECT! I actually bought one about 5 hours ago off Amazon.

I just got home and did some more digging and realized that what I had ASSUMED was the VirtualLink port (the USB port labelled 'VR READY') is actually nothing of the sort and this $3600 beast DOESNT HAVE THE ONE THING THAT IS DESIGNED TO SUPPORT FUTURE VR SETUPS.

Here are my questions...
1) WTF is the 'VR READY' ports on the i160?!?
2) WHY IS THERE NO VIRTUALLINK PORT?! The 2080 has that built into the card... why is it removed on the Corsair implementation?
3) Can anyone convince me to re-do my purchase and buy the i160 based on the info? I'm genuinely opening the door for someone at Corsair to give me a reason to throw my money back at them, but the lack of VirtualLink really gives me pause.

Any input (from other customers and/or Corsair staff) is more than welcome here!

Thank you in advance

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:10 PM

POST ID # = 993928
Aujin Reputation: 10
Exclamation Agreed

I was also seriously considering the i160, but the lack of Thunderbolt 3 kills the deal.
For a $3600 gaming computer with such excellent specs, how does it not come prepared for next gen VR?
Hopefully they'll pick up on this mistake quickly and add the connection. Ideally one in front and one in back.

Old 03-06-2019, 07:43 AM

POST ID # = 996594
NME18 Reputation: 10
Default Decision Time.

Hi Virtual Stink. Did you ever get to the bottom of the mystery of the missing Virtual Link port on the 2080Ti in the Corsair One i160? It's really strange, given that it is presumably based on the founders card and therefore would have the same ports. The 'VR Ready' is presumably just the graphics card's HDMI video port routed to the front. I'm ordering the i160 but this is also giving me pause.