Corsair Community

2100 solid blue and amber light

Sisman

i just got a 2100 and i connected it to my computer to charge as well as connecting the dongle. Upon turning the headset on all music playing and things went mute the charging light became a sold amber instead of blinking amber. So i tried to restart the headset by turning it off however the headset's blue light indicting it was turned on would not turn off until i removed the dongle from my computer. Please help asap id like to use my new 2100 its disappointing that this happened upon my first time connecting the headset.

• 4 weeks later...
I have had my Corsair 2100 for a month now and suddenly the blue indicator light turns solid blue and the charging indicator turns solid orange/amber. When i unplug the usb dongle from my computer, the blue light on the headset turned off but the orange one still is solid. PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!

So I let the headset drain its battery overnight and when I woke up in the morning the headset was off (both light were off) so I plugged the USB dongle back into my PC and everything worked fine again. If the issue does happen again I will probably take it back to the place where I purchased it to get it swapped for a new one.

• 4 months later...
This is a common problem with both 2000 and 2100. There is no point in RMA until Corsair release an updated version of the headset. Just let the battery drain and than fully recharge it before use. To avoid this happening again, don't turn on or off the headset or the PC while the USB charger cable is plugged in. If you need to turn the PC (or Headset) ON (or OFF) just unplug the headset, than do the on/off procedure and once that is done ('cause the PC does not turn on or off instantly) you can plug the headset back in.

• 1 month later...

I like how we constantly get told not to leave it plugged into our PC at start up or shutdown no mention of a restart that will do just the same as it will cycle the power on the USB.

Also a lot of us have this problem and we didn't leave it plugged in so leaving it plugged in is not the problem.

The problem to me would seem to be a bug in the charge controller that for what ever reason it gets stuck when the power is connected to it.

Yes I am currently experiencing this problem with my CV2100 and no they was not left plugged in and no they was not flat, in fact I had charged them after I used them last night and turned them off and disconnected from PC before shutting down and going to bed.

I am aware of proper battery use and for this reason I make sure they are fully charged and never stored flat or half charged to maximize the life of my battery.

I am also aware of the PC cycling the power to the USB at shutdown start up and restart and never leave any devices plugged into the USB at these times except for mouse and kb.

This is infact a known problem as it existed with their CV2000 headset

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=107476&page=11

and once again the same reply's from Corsair staff.

Its about time you fixed this as it does seem to be a rather big problem and it is generating lots of negativity around the Corsair brand (which to be honest is not that great).

as for telling customers that they shouldn't return a faulty product because they will only receive another broken product is just crap and you should rethink or come with a better solution than that.

Is there no updated firmware we can flash it with ?

I think it would be better to stop blaming our PC's or us when it was known by you that this is how the USB system works yet you managed to make a product that couldn't deal with the power in the USB system turning off and on again whilst in charge.

As far as I see it this product is sold illegally as it is not fit for its purpose.

you cant say you didnt know you have the same problem in your forums with a previous version = this version should have never been released or sold as it was known to be faulty.

I seem pissed off and rightfully so as a consumer I have just been spat on by Corsair and treated as a dollar for them shame on you Corsair shame.

Archived