Corsair Community

Commander Pro, ASUS Mobo, Link, Windows 10 - Cannot change profiles

aevancho

Got the Commander Pro a few weeks ago along with 6 120HD fans. Everything shows up in Link, I'm able to create profiles, manipulate the RGB, fan speeds, etc.

My issue is that after my PC has been on for a while I can no longer change profiles. I can restart my computer and that 100% fixes it, but that's temporary. Eventually, I won't be able to switch anymore.

To be more specific, let's say "Quiet" is all blue at 0% fan speed and "Performance" is all red at 100% fan speed— when I go from Performance to Quiet, the little example fans on the home screen switch to blue, but my actual fans stay red at 100%. Then I restart and they stay red and at 100% until Windows and Link starts, then it finally switches to Quiet.

I suspect this has something to do with my ASUS motherboard and its fan control features conflicting with LINK, but I'm not sure how to resolve it. I'm really not sure. Does anyone have suggestions so I don't have to restart my PC every time I want to change profiles?

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fNYcfH

Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fNYcfH/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($213.41 @ OutletPC)

CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($147.49 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: Asus - MAXIMUS VIII HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($140.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LED 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($199.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($99.99 @ Samsung)

Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($154.99 @ B&H)

Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card ($898.90 @ OutletPC)

Case: Corsair - Crystal 570X RGB White ATX Mid Tower Case ($179.89 @ OutletPC)

Power Supply: Corsair - RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($129.99 @ Amazon)

Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit ($128.89 @ OutletPC)

Total: $2294.53

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-03-09 10:25 EST-0500

Hey ... saw this on reddit.

So ... I don't think it has anything to do with the Asus fan control stuff. The CoPro is independent of that.

Another question: Are you running EVGA Precision XOC? Have you tried shutting that down/not running that at all?

Archived