Corsair Community

Corsair Gaming H2100 Mic Monitoring?

Solace133

Hey everyone,

I bought this headset about 2 weeks ago and one thing still baffles me..

Where the hell is the mic monitoring feature?! I had a TB PX22 before this headset and it had the functionality built into the device. In all the honest the method for using the windows "listen to this device feature" is awful, too much feedback and if I lower the mic threshold I can barely hear myself speaking.

Is there any other solution to this? I am hard of hearing which is why I gravitated to this headset to help me hear the people I'm talking to and the games I'm playing.

I can't stand having so much buzzing with listen to this device enabled?

Thanks all!

Solace.

This is/was my issue with the Vengeance 2100. There is no way to turn up your mic playback for yourself and Corsair don't seem to think it's an issue, plenty of people seem to post about it but there's no acknowledgement. When I got in touch with Corsair about the issue they just said it seemed like a faulty unit - paid for mine to get shipped off to them, got a brand new one back - same issue. Pretty frustrating, doesn't look like it'll ever change though.

I'm not quite sure why the feature was removed. If a lot of people ask for the feature to be added, Corsair may consider adding it to a future driver update.
So where do you ask for features to be added? User forums are just that. Corsair staff may occasionally pop in but you can rest assured that the reason companies set these things up is to save on the support wage bill.

• Corsair Employee

There is limited mic loopback for all of the wireless headsets (V2000, V2100, H2100) since its the exact same hardware. However, its not adjustable and the loopback you hear will be different from one person to another since its minor (and an inherent part of all wireless headsets).

We never "added" or "removed" this feature for the 2000 series of headsets. Unfortunately we have no plans to include it at this time since mic loopback is something some people like and some people don't. I will pass it along as a suggestion though if we ever do future improvements to the software.

Archived