Corsair Community

ICUE and Corsair Link

jwar

Hello to all, I built a PC back in DEC 2017 and had to put it into storage due to medical illness. I have 10 HD RGB fans With 7 of them being HD140RGB and 3 of them being HD120RGB. and I also have the first gen of H115i, with 2 and commander pros and a lighting node pro also installed along with Corsair vengeance RGB Ram at 4 sticks. K95 Platinum RGB keyboard. I have Corsair link and cue installed or should say had.

My issue is upon start up today 3/10/2019 The corsair software updated along with windows 10. My Ram rgb quit and my fans went crazy with ramping and stopping. The RGB LED went haywire also. So I tried to uninstall Corsair link thinking that it is conflicting with ICUE. With both the ICUE and Corsair link operating my fans and RGB led lighting does not work. I have lost control also of the AIO H115i RGB and the H115i does not show up in either the ICUE or Corsair Link.

By disabling the fans and led RGBs in Corsair link I got them to run at high speed and the LEDs RGBs are on and synced with instant lighting under ICUE(version 3.13.3.94)

My question is this can I operate both ICUE and Corsair Link as I have been away for over a year? How do I get either one to recognize my H115i ? So that I can see what is going on with it:I.E. control the RGB LED and pump and fans on the H115i ? Also how do I control the fans system wide as I do not see anywhere in ICUE to do that?

EDIT : I removed totally the Corsair LINK from the PC. Still no H115i showing up anywhere in ICUE. MY CPU is not overheating so I think I am operating in default mode on the H115i pump and fans.

iCUE simply disables Link's control over the devices you have. They co-exist for a few reasons. 1) There were a handful of legacy devices that did not migrate to iCUE and still need Link (you don't have any); 2) Technically iCUE physically replaced CUE 2 in the registry and as a program. You can leave Link installed and it will have no effect on iCUE, although I would probably set it not to run on start-up. No reason to run a program not doing anything.

Best guess is the installation from Windows Update did not go well. That is one reason I do not allow my Win 10 to install these kinds of programs. USB recognition issues are among the most common, but I think the place to start is with a fresh install of iCUE. Presumably, iCUE imported whatever profiles you had for the K95P from CUE 2. In order to save those you can do one of two things: 1) Use the export function to save a copy of them in a safe place. 2) Go to your C:User/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair and copy the Corsair/iCUE folder to a safe place. This is a fast way to copy all data from iCUE, like before updating to new versions to use as a fall back should you need to go backwards. Often profiles are not backwards compatible after being converted by a newer version.

If you only have a few profiles or perhaps for the sake of solving this issue, exporting might be better the first time around. Then uninstall iCUE, delete all user settings (check box), and try a fresh install of 3.13.94. You can get a copy from Corsair here or through your own local page on the Corsair site. If the OS does not pick up the devices on the new install, there are some things to try.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/downloads

Thank you for the response. Windows went through a lot of updating and ICUE now sees everything. Now I need to figure out how to use ICUE to set my fan speeds and my AIO H115i Pump speed and fans on the radiator. I removed Corsair link totally.

Also I am getting a lot of Fan ramping up and down on all installed and connected fans on the 2 Commander Pros and the H115i Radiator. My RGB Ram went out of sync color wise with the rest of the system but I can live with that for the moment Fan and Radiator control more important.

<snip>

Also I am getting a lot of Fan ramping up and down on all installed and connected fans on the 2 Commander Pros and the H115i Radiator. My RGB Ram went out of sync color wise with the rest of the system but I can live with that for the moment Fan and Radiator control more important.

Check the sensor source for the fan curves. If you have it set to CPU package you'll get a lot of ramping up and down as the CPU bounces up and down in temperature. For your H115i, if you are using custom curves, make sure they are set to the H115i Coolant as a source.

^^^ As Above. Get off the Quiet/Balanced/Extreme presets on the Commander Pro. Those are all CPU temperature based, the only thing every computer system is guaranteed to have. However, on modern processors it makes for a terrible control variable and you are seeing (hearing) the your very dynamic CPU activity. The instant correction choice for a lot of people is going to be GPU temperature as this is the most consequential in relation to case temps. You also have the option of using the temp probes from the Commander Pro to take specific air temp measurements and make those the basis of control, but that will require some experimentation.

H115i -> Use coolant temp (H115i temp). Typical range is about +4-7C over your ambient room temp at idle and +6-8C at load. You might see a bit more in combo CPU + GPU loads. That is a relatively small range, but you don't need the fans to be reactive. Cold plate on the cooler will get the heat off the CPU. The radiator and fans are just the waste removal department. They can lag behind here and there and it doesn't matter.

Check the sensor source for the fan curves. If you have it set to CPU package you'll get a lot of ramping up and down as the CPU bounces up and down in temperature. For your H115i, if you are using custom curves, make sure they are set to the H115i Coolant as a source.

I would love to be able to do the ICUE is not giving me access to my AIO again. So I have no control over the AIO. So for the moment my H115i no longer shows up in the ICUE software at all. My keyboard was dropping out but that seems to have corrected itself. I task managered all Corsiar task off just to get my pump to cool my CPU after gaming for awhile last night.

Very frustrating at the least you set up a profile in ICUE then step away comp goes to sleep profiles go inactive.

^^^ As Above. Get off the Quiet/Balanced/Extreme presets on the Commander Pro. Those are all CPU temperature based, the only thing every computer system is guaranteed to have. However, on modern processors it makes for a terrible control variable and you are seeing (hearing) the your very dynamic CPU activity. The instant correction choice for a lot of people is going to be GPU temperature as this is the most consequential in relation to case temps. You also have the option of using the temp probes from the Commander Pro to take specific air temp measurements and make those the basis of control, but that will require some experimentation.

H115i -> Use coolant temp (H115i temp). Typical range is about +4-7C over your ambient room temp at idle and +6-8C at load. You might see a bit more in combo CPU + GPU loads. That is a relatively small range, but you don't need the fans to be reactive. Cold plate on the cooler will get the heat off the CPU. The radiator and fans are just the waste removal department. They can lag behind here and there and it doesn't matter.

As soon as I can figure out how to get my H115i to show back up in ICUE. I had it connected to one of the USB hubs on one of my two Commander Pros and it quit recognizing that hub for both my PSU and the H115i this makes number 4 where as the Commander Pros have failed on USB hub. I am not going to purchase another Commander Pro at this point Corsair sure has made some money off me at 59.99 a pop x 4 or should say x3 Corsair replaced one under RMA that one failed with in a week of purchase.

So if I can get ICUE to See the H115i I will attemp to set it up with temp

Archived