Corsair Community

Is it safe to frequently move Corsair One i140?

Bourne117

Hi,

I am now working in a company but they don't prepare a desktop for me there. However, I have to do some 3D rendering and computing everyday, while my laptop could not handle these. Thus I wander if I could buy a portable itx desktop, putting it in the company in weekdays and bringing it back home for gaming in weekends. I find Corsair One i140 is powerful, mini-size and portable, which seems quite suitable in my case. But I have some concerns that if frequently moving i140 would cause some damage or reduce its lifetime? If that is true, I think I have to choose some gaming laptop like GT75 TITAN, which is just a little bit lighter than Corsair One but much more expensive. Please give me some advice to help me make decision.

Thank you for your time and any help you provide!

• Corsair Employee
Hi,

I am now working in a company but they don't prepare a desktop for me there. However, I have to do some 3D rendering and computing everyday, while my laptop could not handle these. Thus I wander if I could buy a portable itx desktop, putting it in the company in weekdays and bringing it back home for gaming in weekends. I find Corsair One i140 is powerful, mini-size and portable, which seems quite suitable in my case. But I have some concerns that if frequently moving i140 would cause some damage or reduce its lifetime? If that is true, I think I have to choose some gaming laptop like GT75 TITAN, which is just a little bit lighter than Corsair One but much more expensive. Please give me some advice to help me make decision.

Thank you for your time and any help you provide!

Moving it around isn't a problem. As long as you are careful with the ports and cables, you should be fine.

Archived