Corsair Community

Push-to-talk?

giltwist

I have the Void Yellowjacket. Right now, the mute button seems to be a toggle switch. Is there any way to put it in a push-to-talk mode? That is to say: microphone is active while mic button is pressed, but muted otherwise. Better yet, is it possible to map either the mute button or the CUE rocker press as a gamepad type button? That way I could have it activate my teamspeak/game voice chat directly rather than leaving the microphone on but muted.

@sandstorm

I get that, but neither Teamspeak not my video games recognize any of the buttons on the yellowjacket as gamepad buttons that can be mapped. The CUE seems to have the ability to map buttons to macros and whatnot, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work. Also, I'd really like to change the basic way the mute button on the headset itself works from toggle to push-to-talk.

@sandstorm

I get that, but neither Teamspeak not my video games recognize any of the buttons on the yellowjacket as gamepad buttons that can be mapped. The CUE seems to have the ability to map buttons to macros and whatnot, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work. Also, I'd really like to change the basic way the mute button on the headset itself works from toggle to push-to-talk.

To be quite honest with you.. When you're gaming, you don't have the time to reach up to your head to then press and hold a button down for the duration of a whole sentence+++ ...

I don't know what games you're playing, but, to take your hand off of the keyboard/ or the left side of the controller to press a button, seems weird to me. But. Program a button on your keyboard/controller to do the same thing! :)

@IstBarP

It's a wireless headset. I'd like to be able to walk away from my keyboard, say to make a cup of coffee, and still be able to chat. For that, I need a push to talk key.

True.. didn't think of that use.. I'm sorry!.. :).. Mine is wireless too, but I've always used voice activation detection :)

Long story short the buttons seems firmware based.. I don't know if you understand how low level programming works, but i think it would require a change in the firmware to make these buttons on the side programmable.. Sadly..

I do believe there is a way if i could get my hands on the source/firmware. But.. I've tried asking in another thread for the firmware but didn't get any answer from the corsair guy :P

Archived